Just a heads up – I made some of my posts password protected. Mainly just ones that have pictures of my son/family. No real reason except that I’d rather not put them out on the internet for anyone to see. If you want access to any of the posts just comment here and I’ll email you the password, I do not mind giving it out.
This doesn’t mean I am not going to be posting! I will definitely still post about yoga, recipes, food, and other random healthy stuff. And maybe even some lifestyle things too like my baby registry post. My blog is here to stay. In other news…
Life is good this summer.
Read more... (503 words, estimated 2:01 mins reading time)
Here’s another recipe I made a little while ago!
Don’t toss your beet greens in the trash – you can actually cook with them just like any other green. Dark leafy greens = yum + good for you.
Goma-ae is a Japanese dish. Goma = sesame seed. Traditionally this is served with spinach, but I thought that beet greens would be a good seasonal variation on the standard recipe – and yes it ended up being delish.
Beet Greens Goma-ae
- 3-4 cups of beet greens (including stems)
- 2 tablespoons of dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons ground toasted black sesame seeds
- Steam the beet greens for 3 minutes.
- Mix the soy sauce and sugar at the bottom of a large serving bowl.
- Dry the greens and chop them into small pieces. Add them to the soy sauce mix.
Read more... (189 words, 1 image, estimated 45 secs reading time)