I got the idea for this recipe from a great vegan blog, vegalicious. The link is here: Vegalicious Brussels Recipe.
Apples with Brussels Sprouts Recipe
- 1 package Brussels sprouts
- 1/2 white onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 1 sliced apple
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sparkling apple cider
- Slice the apple and add a dash of lemon juice to keep the color.
- Cut and quarter the Brussels sprouts. Steam until al dente.
- Saute the onions, then add the water and sparkling cider. Heat until about half the liquid has evaporated.
- Put sprouts in a serving bowl and add the onion sauce. Mix. Then add the apple and mix again.
- Serve! (Add salt and pepper to taste.)
This could be a side dish with dinner. Very light and very simple.