I wasn’t going to make another post today, but lunch turned out to be too delicious not to share. It was Brussels sprouts with onions and apples. Bobby loved it, so it must have been good.
Apples with Brussels Sprouts Recipe
- 1 package Brussels sprouts
- 1/2 white onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 1 sliced apple
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sparkling apple cider
- Slice the apple and add a dash of lemon juice to keep the color.
- Cut and quarter the Brussels sprouts. Steam until al dente.
- Saute the onions, then add the water and sparkling cider. Heat until about half the liquid has evaporated.
- Put sprouts in a serving bowl and add the onion sauce. Mix. Then add the apple and mix again.
- Serve! (Add salt and pepper to taste.)
This could be a side dish with dinner. Very light and very simple.