Yesterday I made blueberry “muffins” that tried to be healthy. They turned out more like blueberry pancakes, but they were delicious anyway. They were too liquidy, so next time I might cut the oil to thicken up the batter. Also, the blueberries were frozen so they were slightly watery. I’m not sure how to fix that – maybe rinse and dry them beforehand? That might solve the additional problem of the dough turning blue from watery berries.
- 1 cup plain, unsweetened Almond milk
- 2 egg whites
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil (replace with 2 tablespoons softened butter)
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar (I like the granulated kind by Domino)
- 1 cup blueberries (use more or less depending on how much you like blueberries)
- Mix everything together, adding the blueberries last.
- Cook at 400F for…
- If you want just muffin tops, spoon then onto a greased baking sheet as though they were cookies and bake for 10-12 minutes. If you want real muffins, put them in muffin cups and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve hot, with a pat of butter.