Today’s post is dedicated to eating affordably while on vacation. My main suggestion: make your own food as often as possible. For breakfast I had fruit and yogurt; I also made eggs, some type of sausage, and bread for Bobby. So here is my scrambled eggs recipe, my Italian gnocchi recipe, a fruit and yogurt breakfast, and tips for travel food on a budget.
Quick and Easy Scrambled Eggs Recipe
- 2 eggs
- chopped onions
- a dash of olive oil
- Saute onions in olive oil for 1-2 minutes.
- Beat eggs in a bowl; add to sauteed onions.
- Use a spatula to mix the eggs slowly until finished.
Fruit salad with yogurt
- Chopped apple
- Chopped banana
- Chopped orange
- Flavored yogurt
Travel Food on Budget – Dinner Ideas
For dinner we ate in again and I cooked pasta – gnocchi, to be exact. They came out a little bit mushy, but I think I can fix that by cooking for a bit less. We also had the same salad that we had last night (with grated Parmesan) and my Brussels sprouts, apples, and onions recipe.
How to Make Gnocchi
- Gnocchi pasta
- Spaghetti sauce
- Olive oil
- Heat the spaghetti sauce in a pan with a bit of olive oil. Stir until warmed through.
- Boil water and add gnocchi. As soon as they float, remove them from the water. Don’t wait for all of them to float; remove the floating ones as soon as possible.
- Mix sauce and pasta together.
There were also fresh rolls from the supermercato. And for dessert: more fresh fruit.
Tomorrow we’re off to Venezia, where we will most likely have to spend exorbitant amounts of Euros for food. But I’m excited to visit some churches, maybe museums, markets, and shop.