I love squash. So squash fries were the side of the night. I was a little unsure about using squash to make French fries, but they were really fantastic. Definitely should have made more.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 1/2 large butternut squash
- non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Peel the squash. To do this, first cut about half an inch off the top and bottom of the squash.Then cut it in half, top to bottom. Scoop out the seeds.
- Using a carrot peeler, peel off the outer skin. This is a lot easier than it looks.
- Chop the squash into fry shapes, then mix them in a bowl with oregano and cinnamon.
- Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray and spread out the seasoned squash on the sheet. Sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for 40 minutes, mixing around 1-2 times.
- Serve with ketchup, maple syrup, or plain!
My favorite way to eat these fries is with my homemade (unsweetened) ketchup. I hope you enjoy them!