This Asian coleslaw recipe is very simple and refreshing. Healthy coleslaw is the perfect way to finish off a meal. It’s also a great accompaniment for fish or steak, or by itself as a snack. If you don’t like the Asian twist, here is my traditional coleslaw recipe. It’s difficult to make coleslaw without mayonnaise, but this recipe fits the bill! It’s a healthy coleslaw.
Asian Coleslaw Recipe
- 8 ounces (half a bag, if you’re using a mix) of shredded coleslaw
- 1/2 sweet onion
- 1 finely chopped tomato
- 1 grated carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped raw green beans (optional – you could substitute cucumber)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar (brown or white, I used brown)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- cheddar cheese (optional)
- Mix together the veggies – cabbage, onion, tomato, carrot, beans/cucumber.
- In a separate bowl, make the dressing – mix the lime juice, lemon juice, chili powder, cumin, sugar, and salt and pepper.
- Add as much dressing as you like – I used it all.
- Serve alone or with cheese and ENJOY!