This granola was very good – I used rice puffs as well as oatmeal and I liked the way it came out. Nice breakfast
Note – the amount of rice puffs and granola should total to 1 cup, so use whatever proportions you’d like.
Ingredients (makes about 3/4 cup of granola)
heaping 3/4 cup rice puffs
scant 1/4 cup oatmeal (not quickoats, the real kind)
1.5 tablespoons honey/maple syrup (I used honey, but to make this vegan use syrup)
1 tablespoon margarine
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup dried fruit (I used raisins and chopped dates)
1. Preheat the oven to 250F.
2. Mix together the honey/syrup, margarine, and cinnamon and heat in the microwave for about 10 seconds.
3. Add the honey/syrup mix to the rice puffs and oatmeal and mix well.
4. Spread out the mixture on a baking sheet and cook for about 30 minutes, stirring it around every 10 minutes.
5. Add the dried fruit and serve!
-with almond milk
-with fresh berries
-as a parfait (berries + yogurt)