Menu Plan Monday

mpm1 Menu Plan Monday
I recently discovered the Organizing Junkie blog, run by the lovely Laura. She hosts an event every week, Menu Plan Monday, so I plan on participating from now on.

Not only does planning out a week of meals save time and energy, it can save you a lot of money on groceries and make your trips to the store more productive!

Here is my plan for this week:

Menu for week of March 31 – April 6

Monday
Dinner – Sweet and sour konnyaku with sauteed okra
Dessert – Mashed bananas with whipped cream and cinnamon
Tuesday
Dinner – Caesar salad with eggs and sauteed vegetarian fish rolls
Dessert – Cinnamon sugar toast
Wednesday
Dinner – Fresh vegetarian spring rolls and curried butternut squash fries
Dessert – Oranges and yogurt
Thursday
Dinner – Sesame mustard radish salad and stir-fried konnyaku
Dessert – Baked apples with honey and cinnamon
Friday
Dinner – Spicy thai papaya salad with chopped vegetarian fish rolls
Dessert – Toast with nutella
Saturday: Out with friends
Sunday: Leftovers

This menu provides some interesting insight into my diet. I enjoy dessert, and firmly believe that it should be the ending to every nighttime meal. Because of this, I eat light meals and try to have my desserts be slightly more nutritious than is typical. Whereas one person may enjoy chowing down on a hearty sandwich and skipping the sweets, I would prefer to have a wholesome salad or soup or mix of vegetables and protein PLUS a dessert that helps me get my required daily nutrients. My desserts are more than just a guilty nibble of some sugary creation; they are an intricate part of my life and I want them to stay that way.

If you’re reading this and suddenly my blog makes much more sense to you, I’m glad! I hope it allows you to indulge without regret and enjoy life to the fullest!

Look forward to some pictures and recipes of the above-mentioned meals. As always, happy eating!

10 Comments on Menu Plan Monday

30 March, 2008 at 1:37 pm (7 years ago)

how fun!! I love reading about others’ meal plans, haha :0D looking forward to the recipes/photographs!

2. celine
    30 March, 2008 at 7:33 pm (7 years ago)

don’t you find it terribly soothing to make menu plans like that? I need to do it more often too.

3. magpie
    31 March, 2008 at 2:27 am (7 years ago)

my trip to the store today was so much more relaxing than usual – and i had extra time just to browse the aisles!

4. Alaina
    31 March, 2008 at 3:08 am (7 years ago)

Welcome to MPM! I love your perspective on dessert – I have a huge sweet tooth! :)

5. Sandra
    31 March, 2008 at 3:56 pm (7 years ago)

Yum, everything looks so good. Thanks for sharing.

Mine is up too

Sandra♥

6. libby
    31 March, 2008 at 6:55 pm (7 years ago)

Very yummy sounding menu plan. I have never planned a desert. Do you make it when you make dinner or afterwards? The mashed bananas with cream and cinnamon sounds particularly yummy and something my dh would love. Hope you might share some recipes and photos later.

Libby

7. Mommychicky
    31 March, 2008 at 7:24 pm (7 years ago)

Welcome to MPM! I see you saw the link for those Bean brownies, too. Since you tried them, I’m going to borrow your recipe w/ adjustments to get my hubby to secretly eat beans.

Thanks for sharing your menu and have a great week.

My menu is up at Don’t Eat Baby.

8. Sharon
    31 March, 2008 at 11:18 pm (7 years ago)

I love that you include dessert! I noticed they were healthy, too, and I think it’s great. I hate the notion that healthy food doesn’t taste good.

Welcome to MPM! I look forward to more from you!

9. Mommychicky
    2 April, 2008 at 2:48 pm (7 years ago)

Thanks for stopping by. Just to let you know, the Eggplant Caponata was insanely delicious. I have three servings worth in the freezer, now I just have to come up with ways to use them… Any thoughts?

10. Org Junkie
    7 April, 2008 at 2:29 am (7 years ago)

Welcome to MPM!