Last night after I posted I had a few more grapes, and 2 more smallish slices of banana bread – here is the recipe – it’s so good and so simple and it’s even healthy! (If you count things with fake sugar healthy. I feel like you could make it without any sugar at all and it would still be delicious just because bananas are so amazing.)
Today’s eats were…
- cinnamon&apple oatmeal
- 1 farmers’ market nectarine (amazing!)
Lunch: (kind of a random concoction)
- “tomato quiche” – 2/3 large heirloom tomato, 2 egg whites, some buttermilk, basil, salt&pepper, topped with cheddar cheese and poached on the stove – I put the bowl in a pot of boiling water for about 20 minutes (I would have baked it, but it was early and I didn’t want to heat up the oven)
- 1/2 fresh farmers’ market roll with smart balance light
- another farmers’ market nectarine
Unfortunately, the “quiche” wasn’t that good reheated – everything mushed together and I couldn’t even taste the cheddar. I will definitely fire up the oven next time – poaching just doesn’t cut it. On the plus side, the roll was fantastic!
- miniature (even more miniature than usual) apple – this thing was gone in about 3 bites; it was the size of a smallish apricot. I got a bag of these at TJ’s and unfortunately they are not good at all. They’re starchy and flavourless. I tried making my Brussels sprouts and apples side dish with them last week and they’re not much better cooked – perhaps I can use them in some baked good?
- large bag of popcorn (the full size, not the 100 calorie packs)
Since I was eating alone tonight, I decided to give in to my cravings. I haven’t been indulging myself in huge salads recently, instead choosing to eat smaller quantities of more calorie-dense foods, like meat/cheese/bread. This dinner was refreshing and I feel quite full (but in a wonderful, veggie-ful way).
- a humongous salad – 1 head of romaine, 1 nectarine, a big carrot, a yellow pepper, some grapes, and vidalia onions, topped with my homemade goddess dressing (yogurt, sesame oil, oregano, salt&pepper, lemon juice, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar)
- a bunch of grapes
- a few slices of my homemade banana bread – it’s almost gone now (I’m saving the last piece for Bobby after he gets home from band practice)