Some fruit for the day:
- apples&cinnamon oatmeal
- 1 nectarine
- big salad with romaine, yellow and green peppers, lots of shredded carrot, green beans, and Newman’s Own lowfat Sesame Ginger dressing
- scant 1 cup of TJ’s greek yogurt
- 1 chopped up nectarine
- 1 small/medium apple – this was starchy and not good at all. I actually brought 2 but didn’t end up eating the second one! This is the second batch of apples I’ve bought that hasn’t been up to par. The first was from TJ’s, and these ones are from Milk Pail.
- trail mix – almonds, walnuts, and banana chips, probably more than 1/2 cup worth, but it was so good!
Dinner: (something sort of light and veggieful because I was pretty full from all the nuts.) I had seconds of both the eggplant parm and the tomato/corn salad.
- Eggplant parm! This was sliced eggplant, roasted on each side, then layered in a loaf pan with lots of spaghetti sauce and topped with cheddar and Jarlsberg cheeses.
- Heirloom tomato and corn off the cob salad – just added some salt&pepper, oregano, and apple cider vinegar. Perfect.
- Homemade garlic bread – smart balance and garlic on ciabatta bread, topped with cheddar cheese and roasted.
Bobby wanted me to show this beautiful drink he made – strawberry banana Naked juice, raspberry vodka, and the mixer is a honey stick! We can’t figure out what flavor the honey stick is though – possibly raspberry?