Thank you so much to everyone who wished me a happy birthday yesterday. I am so lucky to have so many wonderful friends.
I almost let myself stay in bed this morning, but I decided to get up and do 20 minutes of Tom Morley’s cardio yoga.
Breakfast: (work is out of oats; it’s sad)
- 1 large fuji apple
- TJ’s greek yogurt (~3/4 cup?)
- cheerios (~1/2 cup?)
This held me over so well and I have no idea why. Usually fruit for breakfast just makes me hungrier – perhaps it was the additional cheerios? Even though greek yogurt has a lot more protein than normal yogurt, I don’t find that when I have it for breakfast I stay very full. I think it must have been the cheerios. Anyway, it was delicious. Sorry for the lack of picture.
- whole wheat wrap with turkey, cilantro chutney, onions, and lettuce
- iceberg salad with nectarine, peppers, carrots, onions, and Newman’s Own lowfat sesame ginger dressing (this is in a large yogurt container – tall, but not very wide)
- diet pepsi (only 1 today!)
After lunch (before the diet pepsi and the salad), I went for my hour-long walk. I’m very predictable, aren’t I? I ate my wrap before the walk, even though I still wasn’t very hungry. When I got back I waited about a half an hour and then had the salad. So I didn’t end up having the salad and pepsi until 2:15p or so. That wrap was amazing – filling, flavorful, and exactly what I was craving. The only downside was the fact that it had both onions and cilantro chutney, neither of which are good for the breath – gum to the rescue!
Tonight I had choir practice, so it was a light dinner and a nice snack afterwards. When I packed my lunch today I figured I would make 2 very similar salads – one as more of a side salad to go with lunch, and one with more heft to it for my dinner.
- big ole iceberg salad with nectarine, peppers, carrots, and organic chicken-apple-gouda sausage, topped with Newman’s Own lowfat sesame ginger dressing
So after practice I was planning on coming home and having some fruit and yogurt… but my dinner salad was so good that I decided to make another one, but I ripped up some turkey instead of the chicken sausage.
- iceberg salad with 1 whole nectarine, carrots, peppers, zucchini, and turkey, topped with Newman’s Own lowfat sesame ginger
- veggie plate with hummus – baby carrots, zucchini, mushrooms (more than pictured), and cauliflower (more than pictured). I probably ended up eating about 1/3-1/2 cup of hummus with all these veggies!
I’m off to watch some more Burn Notice and hit the sack. OnDemand has a new yoga video that I want to do tomorrow morning.