I’m submitting this recipe to Weekend Herb Blogging, hosted this week by Haalo from Cook (almost) Anything At Least Once and started by Kalyn of Kalyn’s Kitchen. My “herb” = butternut squash!
This is a recipe for that delicious dish I made on Sunday night – I hope you enjoy it!
Butternut Squash and Carrots with Delicious Basil
- 1/2 butternut squash (~1 pound)
- 3-4 carrots
- 4 large cloves of garlic (depending on how much you like garlic this can be reduced, but I made it with a lot and it was divine)
- 1.5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- stevia – equivalent of 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- dash of chili powder
- salt & pepper, to taste
- large handful of basil, roughly chopped
1. Chop the squash and carrots into small sticks. Chop the garlic finely.
2. Steam the squash, carrots, and about 3/4ths of the garlic with salted water for 15 minutes.
3. Mix the dressing – the rest of the garlic, lemon juice, vinegar, oil, stevia, cinnamon, cumin, chili powder, and salt & pepper.
4. Once the veggies are done steaming, let them cool for a few minutes. Then toss them in a large bowl with the dressing. Lastly, add in the fresh basil and serve warm or at room temperature.
Serving ideas – with greek yogurt, brown rice, or couscous. Here is mine with greek yogurt and some peanut sauce:
Like this post? Check out...