I forgot to set my alarm this morning. It could have been bad, but instead I woke up only 10 minutes later than scheduled, and because I woke up naturally, I felt great! I got up and did 30-day Shred, Level 1.
Review: so far I am loving these workouts. Jillian Michaels does a fantastic job with motivation and there is enough variety to keep me from getting bored. It’s structured as a circuit workout – 3 minutes of strength, 2 minutes of cardio, and 1 minute of abs. Repeat 3 times, plus a short warmup and cooldown. Within each of those intervals are 2 different exercises. If anyone is interested, I can write out exactly what her routine is. Just let me know!
- 1 large nectarine, chopped
- 1 cup cheerios
- Dannon 0% Plus yogurt (blueberry)
Morning snack: (hungrier than usual due to 30-day Shred? Probably…)
- 1 huge, delicious nectarine (no pic, sorry! there’s another picture of a nectarine below…)
After the nectarine, I wasn’t that hungry when noon rolled around – so I took my hour-long walk before lunch. It was nice and relaxing.
- salad (almost the same as yesterday) – iceberg, sauteed zucchini and onion, vegan bacon bits, topped with homemade honey-mustard (honey, yellow mustard, Fage 0%)
- WW wrap with turkey, a few chunks of nectarine, and cilantro chutney
I was really full. Until 3 o’clock rolled around…
- 1 gala apple (no pic; see below if you want to see another apple )
- trail mix Kashi bar
I had my second nutrition class tonight. It was great; I’m learning so much and I love what I’m learning. I can’t remember ever feeling this way about a class before.
- okra squash shrimp gumbo (I had about 2.5 times what is pictured – it was too good) – I’ll try to get the recipe up tomorrow!
- salad – lettuce, sauteed zucchini and onions, bacon bits, and honey mustard dressing (seconds on this too)
- 1 apple with cilantro chutney (chutney unpictured – it was a last spur-of-the-moment idea)
Edited – snack:
- some apple crisps
- 2.5 la tortilla factory WW wraps – didn’t really realize how many I’d eaten… they only have 80 calories apiece though, and tons of fiber.