This week’s blogger secret ingredient is hosted by Erin and Andrea at Care to Eat. It’s apples!
Since I bought a bunch of delicious organic gala apples last night, I thought today would be the perfect time to make my secret ingredient recipe. This is kind of like apple crisp, but in the shape of a bread loaf. It also reminds me of baked oatmeal. Basically, it’s all of my favorite ingredients mixed into a loaf. I like it as a snack, breakfast, or even dessert. It goes very well with yogurt, ice cream, and whipped cream and it’s great for the fall. I hope you all enjoy it!
- 1.5 cups oats
- 1/4 cup WW flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 apples, chopped into very small pieces
- 2 small bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup honey (or agave nectar)
- 1 cup milk (I used chocolate almond milk – awesome)
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Mix together the dry ingredients. Add in the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Pour the entire mixture into a loaf pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or longer if you want it crispier.
- Serve with yogurt, ice cream, whipped cream, milk, plain, or with whatever you like!