I got up around 9:30 today, planning to get in a nice workout with OnDemand’s Exercise TV – but I was too sore! I did do about 20-25 minutes of yoga, then a 10 minute cardio/ab workout, but I was just too achy to do much else. I think I’ll have to stretch better next time I do a more intense workout like yesterday’s. I’m so used to walking – no warmup, no cooldown – that I just jumped into it and assumed that the yoga would serve as my cooldown. Next time I’ll be more careful. This morning I stretched for a while after the yoga and ab workouts, so I’m hoping I’ll feel better tomorrow.
By the time I was finished working out and showering, it was nearly 11, so I decided on a light breakfast so that I wouldn’t push lunch back too late. Last night I cooked up the remainder of the tuna steak that we got on Saturday (so that it wouldn’t go bad), knowing that I would make a tuna salad for lunch today. I have to say – after having fresh tuna steak in tuna salad I don’t know if I can go back to canned tuna! Luckily I don’t have it that often anyway, but today’s tuna salad was a real treat.
After I had breakfast I made mint chutney and banana oat muffins, inspired by Kath. I changed it up a bit and these muffins ended up only having 86 calories apiece! The recipe will be up on my other blog soon; here’s the one for mint chutney.
Dinner is up in the air – I’m thinking of some sort of noodle/veggie dish + leftovers from PF Chang’s last night. I think Bobby and I are going to take a walk later – if I’m not still too sore! Right now I’m going to try to get some work done. I left early on Friday to take Bobby test driving and I didn’t finish everything I had wanted to.
- TJ’s greek yogurt (1/2 cup) + cinnamon
- 1 plum/pluot (?) – what is the difference in taste? I really can’t tell.
- more of the apricot scone (another 1/4-ish)
- big salad with tuna salad on top – iceberg mix, 1/2 shredded carrot, chopped green beans, chopped green bell pepper topped with Newman’s Own lowfat Sesame Ginger dressing
- in the tuna salad – fresh tuna steak, seasoned with poulty seasoning mix then seared on each side, TJ’s greek yogurt, lemon juice, and finely chopped green peppers – all mashed together
- a few slices of green bell pepper with garlic hummus
- 1/2 banana oat muffin, split with Bobby – only 86 calories per muffin!