I can’t believe Thursday is over! It’s practically the weekend. I have a bunch of nectarines to use up, so you’re going to be hearing about them a lot. I also apologize for the lack of pictures – I try to take as many pictures at home as I can, because sometimes it would a bit awkward in the office if I started snapping photos of my food.
This morning I got up and did 30-day Shred, Level 2. This is significantly harder than Level 1 – I was sweating like mad and I almost started doing the modified versions of the moves (but I held out).
- 1 chopped nectarine
- Dannon 0% plus (strawberry)
- 1 cup cheerios
After my big snack I took my hour-long walk before lunch. It was hot out today. I kind of ended up speedwalking and I think I did almost 4 miles (instead of my usual 3).
- leftover gumbo (shrimp, okra, butternut squash) over leftover salad (romaine, bacon bits, sauteed zucchs and onions)
- 1 apple
- ~1/2 cup serving of plain oatmeal
- a few veggies from someone’s leftover salad
Before dinner I cut up a nectarine, a plum, and a peach. I mixed some into the dinner salad, ate some while I was cooking, gave a little to Bobby, and finished them off after dinner. I love fruit so much.
- butternut squash, okra, and onion sauteed in a bit of sesame oil
- salad – lettuce with plum/nectarine/peach, bacon bits, onion, and honey mustard dressing
- fruit – nectarine, plum, peach (some in the salad, some plain, some for snacking, a little for Bobby)
- 1.5 la tortilla factory WW wraps dipped in fage 0% and almond butter (unpictured)
I forgot to set my alarm this morning. It could have been bad, but instead I woke up only 10 minutes later than scheduled, and because I woke up naturally, I felt great! I got up and did 30-day Shred, Level 1.
Review: so far I am loving these workouts. Jillian Michaels does a fantastic job with motivation and there is enough variety to keep me from getting bored. It’s structured as a circuit workout – 3 minutes of strength, 2 minutes of cardio, and 1 minute of abs. Repeat 3 times, plus a short warmup and cooldown. Within each of those intervals are 2 different exercises. If anyone is interested, I can write out exactly what her routine is. Just let me know!
- 1 large nectarine, chopped
- 1 cup cheerios
- Dannon 0% Plus yogurt (blueberry)
Morning snack: (hungrier than usual due to 30-day Shred? Probably…)
- 1 huge, delicious nectarine (no pic, sorry! there’s another picture of a nectarine below…)
After the nectarine, I wasn’t that hungry when noon rolled around – so I took my hour-long walk before lunch. It was nice and relaxing.
- salad (almost the same as yesterday) – iceberg, sauteed zucchini and onion, vegan bacon bits, topped with homemade honey-mustard (honey, yellow mustard, Fage 0%)
- WW wrap with turkey, a few chunks of nectarine, and cilantro chutney
I was really full. Until 3 o’clock rolled around…
- 1 gala apple (no pic; see below if you want to see another apple 😀 )
- trail mix Kashi bar
I had my second nutrition class tonight. It was great; I’m learning so much and I love what I’m learning. I can’t remember ever feeling this way about a class before.
- okra squash shrimp gumbo (I had about 2.5 times what is pictured – it was too good) – I’ll try to get the recipe up tomorrow!
- salad – lettuce, sauteed zucchini and onions, bacon bits, and honey mustard dressing (seconds on this too)
- 1 apple with cilantro chutney (chutney unpictured – it was a last spur-of-the-moment idea)
Edited – snack:
- some apple crisps
- 2.5 la tortilla factory WW wraps – didn’t really realize how many I’d eaten… they only have 80 calories apiece though, and tons of fiber.
When we have leftover rice, I make this for Bobby’s breakfast in the morning. He absolutely loves it. As a non-lover of white rice, I don’t usually partake, but this is a classic and it’s simple and quick to pull together. Carbs, protein, and a bit of seaweed = a great start to the day.
Omusubi (Japanese Breakfast)
- 3/4 cup leftover rice
- 2-3 tablespoons smoked salmon
- 1 strip of seaweed
- Mix together the rice and salmon. I use my fingers; the only drawback is that my hands smell like smoked salmon all morning, no matter how much I wash them. If you want to get fancy about it, you can put the salmon in the center of the rice, instead of mixing it through.
- Form the rice/salmon into a triangular shape. At this point I put the triangle into a plastic bag so he can take it to work.
- When you’re ready to eat it, wrap the triangle with the strip of seaweed and enjoy!
This is a simple dish that I made for Bobby for a quick dinner when he got back from band practice last night. Simple, healthy, and hungry guys love it.
Herbed Bread Pizza
- Big slice of herbed bread loaf (farmers’ market find)
- 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 heirloom tomato (mine was yellow)
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup Jarlsberg cheese
- Preheat your broiler.
- Slice the bread in half, like for a sandwich.
- Spread the bread with the spaghetti sauce, layer on the tomatoes, and top with the mix of cheeses.
- Broil for 6-8 minutes, or until the cheese is at your desired crispyness!
Got up this morning to do another Jillian Michaels video – 30-Day Shred, Level 2. It was a bit harder than Level 1, but it was fun and definitely got me sweating.
- 1/2 banana
- 1 cup cheerios
- Dannon 0% Plus (blueberry)
- salad – iceberg, green beans, sauteed zucchini and onions, vegan bacon bits, topped with homemade honey-mustard dressing (honey, mustard, greek yogurt)
- egg white burrito – 1 WW wrap, 2 egg whites scrambled, cheddar, and organic ketchup
I took my hour-long walk between the salad and the burrito. Damn, is that burrito good. I need to start making it more often. I’m making a version of it for Bobby’s lunch tomorrow.
- 1/2 Honey Almond Flax Kashi bar (the other half from yesterday)
I had choir practice tonight, so I had 2 small dinners instead of one big one.
- WW wrap with almond butter
- Dannon 0% plus (strawberry)
- 1 gala apple
And another gala apple just before practice!
- Fage 0%, nectarine, and cilantro chutney
And because you can never have enough apples…
- 1 apple with more cilantro chutney
I have exciting news! I got a Foodbuzz apron and a Foodbuzz spatula in the mail! “Christmas every day,” says Bobby.