- la tortilla factory WW wrap with 1.5 tablespoons almond butter
After my snack we went to the Japanese grocery store, a small local market, and Trader Joe’s. We got a whole lotta stuff – including (but not limited too): apples, butternut squash, shirataki noodles, chicken breast, bbq sauce, salad dressings, persimmons ($0.99/pound!!), a luscious cherry brownie, spaghetti squash, acorn squash, Z-bars, smart dogs, and dried shiitake mushrooms. It was one of the most fun shopping trips I’ve had in a while.
For dinner I used the blogger secret ingredient – butternut squash! The recipe is posted. I took inspiration from The Fitnessista and her peanut noodles, and just ran with it. Thanks, Gina!
- butternut squash “pad thai” – with almond butter! I had another whole plate of this. Those are shirataki noodles (Japanese), made from yam flour. They have 0 calories and I adore them – I don’t usually like pasta or other noodles.
- Shishamo – a small fish, this is the Japanese name for it, I don’t know what the English name is. I sauteed them in sesame oil. These are actually “ko-mochi-shishamo”, which means they are full of eggs. The eggs melt in your mouth and are delicious.
- some extra shredded carrot and bean sprouts that I mixed into the noodles
- sliced persimmon with unsweetened chocolate almond milk, honey, pumpkin pie spice, and some crushed bran flakes
I adore persimmons – I’m so glad they’re coming into season 🙂
Have a great night!
Edited to add:
- 1 carrot with some peanut/almond butter sauce