This morning I wasn’t going to work out and I even reset my alarm to get up later… but I got up anyway! I did a NEW workout from ExerciseTV: Lisa Wheeler’s Cardio Interval Sculpt. I haven’t been getting very sweaty from the 30-day shred anymore (I tend to stop sweating once I get used to a workout) and I was very pleased to find myself soaked and exhausted after this short (30 minutes) workout. I felt pretty awesome.
- 1 banana, Fage 0% Greek yogurt, cheerios, topped with wheat germ (I’m addicted)
I got in my hour-long walk before lunch today, too. Do you guys take walks throughout the day, or do you prefer to get in your whole workout all at once?
- wrap with Almond Butter, banana
- big salad – romaine, carrot, onion, bacon bits, plum, heirloom tomato, red pepper, TJ’s balsamic vinaigrette
- WW wrap
Then I had my nutrition class – we learned about carbs today. Everyone would do themselves a favor by having some carbs as soon as they wake up in the morning! After a nighttime fast we start breaking down the proteins in our bodies if we don’t get some carbs… But you guys probably already knew that I always wondered why I craved carby things in the morning and now I know why.
- spaghetti squash stir-fry – chicken breast, spaghetti squash, red peppers, okra, onions, garlic, carrot – and I added balsamic vinegar and soy sauce at the end. I may post this recipe sometime soon; it’s so simple but incredibly good. I went back for another serving.
I actually started to make my normal dessert concoction – chocolate almond milk (the last of the carton), Greek yogurt, fruit (but instead I used some extra spaghetti squash), cinnamon, honey, and some wheat germ – but after two bites I threw it out. I guess spaghetti squash doesn’t work as a dessert at all, unlike other squash (in particular butternut). So I made this instead…
- banana, Fage 0% Greek yogurt, mixed berry applesauce, and wheat germ!
Dessert was great
While I was making Bobby’s and my lunches I snacked on half a pear, some peanuts, and a few spoonfuls of wheat germ. I hope you’re all having a great night/morning! Enjoy Thursday!
EDIT: Frozen mango is great! I just tried it Thank you to whoever suggested this! Bobby likes it too.