09 October 2008

This morning I did Lisa Wheeler’s Interval Cardio Sculpt again (on ExerciseTV).  I really like it.  I definitely need to switch up my workouts every week or so otherwise I stop getting sweaty and it’s not as energizing.  I was pretty busy at work today, but I managed to start my day like this:

Breakfast:

• 1/2 chopped apple, banana, Fage 0% Greek yogurt, cheerios, wheat germ

Then at lunch I took my hour-long walk.  I caught up with my mom – we talked about politics and life, etc… Her phone has been broken so we haven’t gotten to talk much recently, but she got a new one today.

Lunch:

• salad – romaine, onions, apple, heirloom tomato, shredded carrot, red pepper, bacon bits, TJ’s balsamic vinaigrette

1 salad 300x225 09 October 2008

• spaghetti squash stirfry – spaghetti squash, egg whites, red peppers, onions, carrot, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce  - all sauteed in some sesame oil.

2 stir fry 300x225 09 October 2008

• apple

I had brought a wrap with almond butter to have with lunch, but I was pretty full after this, so I saved it.  I had the wrap about an hour after lunch, and then another one (the one that I had actually intended for a snack) a few hours later when hunger was nagging at me.

Snack:

• 2 la tortilla factory wraps with almond butter
  • 1 apple

Dinner:

• spaghetti squash stir-fry again (red pepper, onion, garlic, eggplant, carrots, balsamic vinegar)

3 diinner stir fry 300x225 09 October 2008

Dessert:

• frozen mango chunks

4 mango 300x225 09 October 2008

• apple

5 apple 300x225 09 October 2008

• some brothers-all-natural apple crisps

Tonight I worked a little, watched Kath & Kim (funny!) and Grey’s.  Grey’s is kind of disappointing me so far this season.  I think I’m gonna do a little more work, hang out with Bobby, and hit the sack.  He’s playing guitar in the other room now.  It’s almost the weekend!  Do you have anything fun planned?  Or any good suggestions for fall activities? I think we’re going to try to either go apple picking this weekend or head up to SF for a day.  Have a good night icon smile 09 October 2008

7 Comments on 09 October 2008

1. mi
    10 October, 2008 at 12:53 am (6 years ago)

god i really need to get a spaghetti squash ASAP! your creations look so good. apple picking sounds so much fun – i have a birthday celebration to attend to this weekend :D

2. Meghann
    10 October, 2008 at 7:32 am (6 years ago)

This weekend I’m going to Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios (yay!), but so far thats my only plan for Friday so I can be lazy all day Saturday and Sunday.

I love the spegettit squash stir fry. Looks good.

3. Biz
    10 October, 2008 at 11:34 am (6 years ago)

I never thought to use spaghetti squash in stir fry! thank you thank you – can’t wait to try it!

I’ve got nothing planned, other than the usual laundry, mopping floors, etc. I am glad though!

Have a fun weekend!

10 October, 2008 at 12:54 pm (6 years ago)

I had spaghetti squash today!! :-)

This weekend I’ll be attending my MULTIPLE dance practices each day, and writing a paper.

I suggest going apple-picking!! That’d be fun :-)

5. ModelBehavior
    10 October, 2008 at 1:24 pm (6 years ago)

Spaghetti squash stir fry huh? Sounds great! I may have to try that with my next squash! Thanks for the idea!

6. Kristie
    10 October, 2008 at 4:02 pm (6 years ago)

I LOVE long walks. Especially in the fall with my maja. I walk with her in person but talking on the phone while walking is a great idea. I’m assuming that’s what you were doing anyway haha.

I keep seeing all kinds of great spaghetti squash recipes lately! I don’t even know where to begin but I LOVE your idea, I’ve gotta try it! I should have bought at least five of them instead of only one. Good thing they are available in abundance right now eh?!

7. Erin
    10 October, 2008 at 5:07 pm (6 years ago)

The spag squash stir fry is super innovative, I love it!!!!!