This morning I got up early (8:30am) and did some work, read blogs, and relaxed for a while. I decided to take a walk (1 hour, 15 minutes – 4 miles) instead of doing a real workout because I’m rather sore. In nutrition this week we learned that our bodies need carbs in the morning, so I had a pre-walk snack: a delicious cold apple.
When I got back, I made breakfast and Bobby and I figured out what we were going to do. We had wanted to do apple picking, but apparently there are no places that are open for U-pick around here! So we decided to go strawberry picking at a farm about an hour (the closest one!) away.
- egg white crepes (4 egg whites, 1 tablespoon almond butter, 1 tablespoon honey – all mixed together with the blender)
- 1/2 apple, chopped
The strawberry place was great. We picked for about 30 minutes, eating lots of berries the whole time. We brought home 4 pounds ($2.50/pound, organic) and I don’t know how many we ate while picking. This is the farm – Swanton Berry Farm in Davenport, CA. On the way home I stopped at a farm stand and got 2 spaghetti squash, 2 carnival squash, 1 squash that I don’t know the name of (it looks kind of like a pumpkin), leeks, and a pumpkin for Bobby – he’s never made a Jack-O-Lantern before!
- lots and lots of strawberries
- some sips of Bobby’s strawberry cider
- coffee at TJ’s (on the way home to pick up polenta)
- turkey jerky & a veggie dog with organic ketchup (Bobby noticed that I’ve been lacking in the protein department, so I wanted to get some more in)
Dinner: (Blogger Secret Ingredient)
- stuffed acorn squash – see the previous post for the recipe! It has acorn squash, polenta, corn, veggie dogs, red peppers, onions, tomatoes, and other yummy things.I finished this (including the skin – so good!).
- lots of salad – romaine, tomatoes, onions, red pepper, onion, bacon bits, TJ’s raspberry dressing
- I also had the skin off of Bobby’s squash – he didn’t want it, the crazy boy.
So far no dessert… I’m pretty full. Possibly some fruit later on. I’ll update if I end up having something yummy :D I will probably go for the fresh strawberries sitting on my counter.
How was your weekend? I hope you all had an amazing day!
Edited to add: cashews – ~1/2 cup.