Bobby got up early this morning with me. He had to work on his site, and I did some work before I went on my walk. I walked for about an hour – maybe a little more. When I came back I tried to do this workout called Cardio Dance Fusion from ExerciseTV, but it was a major fail. So I quit halfway through and did 30-Day Shred Level 1 instead.
Pre-walk I had a persimmon:
Then I went to the farmers’ market and had lots of yummy fruity samples. When I got back I made brunch:
- 4 egg whites, 1 tablespoon Almond Butter (savory egg white crepes)
- topped with sliced tomatoes and mango chutney
- with lots of grapes!
- another bowl of grapes, with more chutney
Later on I had a snack…
- la tortilla factory whole wheat wrap with almond butter
- more grapeys… and some more unpictured grapeys
Dinner was Japanese Kare (curry), with okra, carrots, onions, a little bit of eggplant, and an apple – mixed with the kare sauce. Here is the recipe I like to use.
I also made carnival squash baked fries – these were so simple. I didn’t even take the skin off. Preheat the oven to 400F and microwave the squash (cut in half) for 2 minutes. The microwaving makes it soft enough to cut into fry shapes. Then bake it with spices (oregano, salt, cinnamon, chili pepper are what I used) for about 20-25 minutes. Serve with organic ketchup. They were awesome.
And the fruit you see is a really simple fruit salad – apple, strawberries (from yesterday!), and a pear – with lemon juice and cinnamon. I had a bit more than is pictured – Bobby and I finished the rest out of the bowl
And then I had a few snacks:
- more strawberries (shared with Bobby)
- more grapeys (in a yogurt container)
- a few spoonfuls of leftover polenta from yesterday – I am so glad this I got to discover this amazing ingredient! Thanks, Sabrina
We have some friends over now and I’ll probably go to bed in an hour and a half or so. Getting up early tomorrow so I can leave early for nutrition!
Question: what is your favorite way to relax on a Sunday night before you start the new week?