Just another lazy Sunday…

Bobby got up early this morning with me.  He had to work on his site, and I did some work before I went on my walk.  I walked for about an hour – maybe a little more.  When I came back I tried to do this workout called Cardio Dance Fusion from ExerciseTV, but it was a major fail.  So I quit halfway through and did 30-Day Shred Level 1 instead.

Pre-walk I had a persimmon:

Then I went to the farmers’ market and had lots of yummy fruity samples.  When I got back I made brunch:

• 4 egg whites, 1 tablespoon Almond Butter (savory egg white crepes)
  • topped with sliced tomatoes and mango chutney
  • with lots of grapes!
  • another bowl of grapes, with more chutney

Later on I had a snack

• la tortilla factory whole wheat wrap with almond butter
  • more grapeys… and some more unpictured grapeys :D

Dinner was Japanese Kare (curry), with okra, carrots, onions, a little bit of eggplant, and an apple – mixed with the kare sauce.  Here is the recipe I like to use.

I also made carnival squash baked fries – these were so simple.  I didn’t even take the skin off.  Preheat the oven to 400F and microwave the squash (cut in half) for 2 minutes.  The microwaving makes it soft enough to cut into fry shapes.  Then bake it with spices (oregano, salt, cinnamon, chili pepper are what I used) for about 20-25 minutes.  Serve with organic ketchup.  They were awesome.

And the fruit you see is a really simple fruit salad – apple, strawberries (from yesterday!), and a pear – with lemon juice and cinnamon.  I had a bit more than is pictured – Bobby and I finished the rest out of the bowl :)

And then I had a few snacks:

• more strawberries (shared with Bobby)

• more grapeys (in a yogurt container)

• a few spoonfuls of leftover polenta from yesterday – I am so glad this I got to discover this amazing ingredient!  Thanks, Sabrina :)

We have some friends over now and I’ll probably go to bed in an hour and a half or so.  Getting up early tomorrow so I can leave early for nutrition!

Question: what is your favorite way to relax on a Sunday night before you start the new week?

10 Comments on Just another lazy Sunday…

1. mi
    12 October, 2008 at 11:04 pm (6 years ago)

i’m intrigued by the carnival squash fries. they look really good! and such a beautiful persimmon!!

since i’m at a music university/conservatoire and have very little (=1!) academic classes as supposed to piano practice/rehearsals/piano lessons, i don’t really have a packed week -> weekend -> packed week routine…. so everyday is pretty much the same kind of stressfulness, give or take! but on the weekends, my dad is around (usually works early till late) and sometimes my parents and i watch a film together or just lounge around. spending the eve with boyfriend is also nice :D

13 October, 2008 at 5:43 am (6 years ago)

GORRRRGEOUS meals!! And that persimmon is quite a beauty as well.

To relax on Sundays, I listen to music, read magazines, watch some DVR’d shows on television…

3. rhodeygirl
    13 October, 2008 at 10:11 am (6 years ago)

1. i hate persimmon, but yours looks so pretty!

2. why don’t you ask your bosses if they would consider buying some seltzer?!?

3. to relax on sundays… i actually like to clean the whole house so that i start the week of right, cook up a batch of yummy foods, and finally, cocoon on the couch with my fiance watching some tv.

4. Biz
    13 October, 2008 at 12:23 pm (6 years ago)

Lots of grapes!

They are my daughters favorite too!

My favorite Sundays are football Sundays – I get the whole day to myself!

5. admin
    13 October, 2008 at 4:43 pm (6 years ago)

Thanks for all the great relaxation ideas! I always like hearing what other people do.

RhodeyGirl – I definitely will. Can’t hurt to try, right?

6. eatingbender
    13 October, 2008 at 5:39 pm (6 years ago)

I’ve never had a persimmon before! In fact…I’m not even really sure what it is! Care to enlighten? ;)

I’ve also never tried carnival squash. You are really opening my eyes to new foods with this post!

My favorite way to relax is to watch my favorite shows on TV while sipping decaf coffee or munching on some frozen fruit!

7. Erin
    13 October, 2008 at 7:07 pm (6 years ago)

I love catching up on the previous week’s DVR and doing a mani! :)
    Have you tried the Honey Almond Butter by Maranatha? Amazing.

8. alaina
    13 October, 2008 at 8:07 pm (6 years ago)

i’ve never tried persimmon. i didn’t even know it existed until like 2 months ago!

9. Jenny
    13 October, 2008 at 8:14 pm (6 years ago)

Yay for farmer’s markets, love it!

I think my favorite way to relax on Sundays is to catch up on blogs, make sure that everything is ready for Monday morning (no stress), and to get in bed early to read, haha I’m a nerd :)

10. admin
    13 October, 2008 at 8:51 pm (6 years ago)

eatingbender – I don’t actually know much about persimmons, except that they were $1/pound at the local Japanese market and they are usually insanely expensive… so I bought a bunch. They’re really good – not super sweet, but they definitely have a distinctive flavour. Bobby’s mom (she’s Japanese) LOVES them. I think they’re her favorite fruit. You should try them because I’m doing a really bad job of explaining them :)

Erin – honey almond butter?!?! No I have not! But I’ll have to find it now :)

I love everyone’s relaxation ideas! Thanks :)