Too many grapes?

I had a rough night last night due to some kind of food poisoning/virus.  I don’t think it was actually because I ate a boatload of grapes yesterday, but that probably didn’t help much.  I think it was food poisoning because I felt much better afterwards and was absolutely starving by the time I got to work.  I didn’t do a morning workout because 1) I needed more sleep and 2) I still felt pretty weak.

I wanted something soothing and simple for breakfast this morning, so I made oats:

4 oatmeal 300x225 Too many grapes?

• a little more than 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats, a little more than 1 cup water
  • 1 mashed banana
  • about a tablespoon of wheat germ mixed in at the end

I didn’t want to be too hard on my poor stomach.  I mixed everything together and microwaved it for about 2.5 minutes, stopping to stir every 30 seconds.  I’ve missed oats.  I think I’m going to make them more often.

Mid-morning I had my first blueberry Clif Z-bar – I liked it!  I love the chocolate brownie flavour, and now I love the blueberry too.  I especially like to heat them up in the microwave before eating them.  After I ate this I went for an my hour-long walk.

3 blueberry zbar 300x225 Too many grapes?

I packed lunch last night:

• a salad – romaine, tomatoes, a veggie dog, onions, bacon bits, shredded carrot, and TJ’s raspberry vinaigrette… I think that was it.
  • leftover kare
  • I also had a random oatmeal cookie that I found (no pic).

1 lunch salad 300x225 Too many grapes?2 kare leftovers 300x225 Too many grapes?

Snack was an apple and yogurt (Dannon 0% Plus, blueberry flavour).

And then dinner – this was really good.

5 dinner2 300x225 Too many grapes?

• 1/2 of a carnival squash, sliced into fries and baked
  • 2 veggie dogs, 1 microwaved and 1 raw
  • both with lots of TJ’s organic ketchup (I had to go back for more)
  • tomato salad – tomatoes, onions, corn, eggplant (boiled in the microwave for 3 minutes), bacon bits, and balsamic vinegar.

I made more of the tomato salad to have for lunch tomorrow, but I added sliced veggie dogs for protein.  I’m loving the veggie dogs recently.  And I’m happy to say that my stomach feels much better – but I do want to get to bed early tonight to get some quality rest.

Nutrition was really good today – we learned about sugar substitutes and did some more on carbs.  Our first assignment (which is optional for me since I’m auditing) is to do a food diary – so I told my professor about the site!  I should probably be more precise in my measurements, but it’s a start.

Hope you all had a fabulous Monday.  Question of the day – what’s your favorite salad dressing? I think mine is definitely Newman’s Own Lowfat Sesame Ginger – but plain balsamic vinegar is a close second.

Edit – I forgot to add that I had a few spoonfuls of polenta while I was cooking dinner – it’s all gone now icon sad Too many grapes?   But I’m definitely going to buy more.

12 Comments on Too many grapes?

1. mi
    14 October, 2008 at 12:08 am (6 years ago)

kare! woop!

can you eat veggie dogs raw?! never knew that!

i looooove using the balsamic sauce from ED&BV as a dressing – YUM.

2. MizFit
    14 October, 2008 at 5:38 am (6 years ago)

hope youre feeling better and leaping outta the lurking closet to say I LOVE ME SOME RAW DOGS (you know, since theyre precooked and all)

14 October, 2008 at 10:09 am (6 years ago)

Oh no!! Get well soon!!

4. ChocolateCoveredVegan
    14 October, 2008 at 10:17 am (6 years ago)

Aww, feel better soon!

Haha my favorite “dressing” is actually peach salsa! I know I’m weird…

Yay for polenta!

5. Biz
    14 October, 2008 at 11:34 am (6 years ago)

Hope you feel better! Are the veggie dogs good? I’ve never gotten them before.

6. admin
    14 October, 2008 at 1:59 pm (6 years ago)

CCV – I love salsa! Chutneys are good too. I have mango chutney in my fridge that I keep forgetting about, and it’s a huge tub from Costco. Gotta use that up soon…
    Biz – I really like them. I think they’re best if you actually grill them on a grill – they get a good smokey flavour. I buy a brand called “Smart Dogs” made by LightLife. But you can eat them raw too, so I use them as quick addins when I want some protein.

7. Heather
    14 October, 2008 at 2:04 pm (6 years ago)

I hope you’re feeling better! Oatmeal is always a good choice :)

8. Erin
    14 October, 2008 at 2:59 pm (6 years ago)

Oh no! I’m so sorry about your stomach. That had to be miserable!
    How did you handle all the veggies and stuff today?
    I have only had it a couple times, but I really liked Annie’s Woodstock dressing! Other than that, I don’t use it.

9. Lindsay
    14 October, 2008 at 5:05 pm (6 years ago)

oh no!!! sorry to hear about your tummy ache – i hope you are all better now!!!

i am super jealous of your clif blueberry bar! i’ve been trying to find them everywhere!

10. admin
    14 October, 2008 at 8:36 pm (6 years ago)

Erin – I handled the veggies pretty well. There are probably other things that would be more gentle on a healing stomach, but I just like veggies too much :)

11. Hil
    14 October, 2008 at 8:36 pm (6 years ago)

Feel better!

12. HangryPants
    15 October, 2008 at 3:32 am (6 years ago)

I think I missed that you were sick, so a belated get better soon!

I don’t really love salad dressings, but I’m a fan of plain evoo + balsamic.