I had a rough night last night due to some kind of food poisoning/virus. I don’t think it was actually because I ate a boatload of grapes yesterday, but that probably didn’t help much. I think it was food poisoning because I felt much better afterwards and was absolutely starving by the time I got to work. I didn’t do a morning workout because 1) I needed more sleep and 2) I still felt pretty weak.
I wanted something soothing and simple for breakfast this morning, so I made oats:
- a little more than 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats, a little more than 1 cup water
- 1 mashed banana
- about a tablespoon of wheat germ mixed in at the end
I didn’t want to be too hard on my poor stomach. I mixed everything together and microwaved it for about 2.5 minutes, stopping to stir every 30 seconds. I’ve missed oats. I think I’m going to make them more often.
Mid-morning I had my first blueberry Clif Z-bar – I liked it! I love the chocolate brownie flavour, and now I love the blueberry too. I especially like to heat them up in the microwave before eating them. After I ate this I went for an my hour-long walk.
I packed lunch last night:
- a salad – romaine, tomatoes, a veggie dog, onions, bacon bits, shredded carrot, and TJ’s raspberry vinaigrette… I think that was it.
- leftover kare
- I also had a random oatmeal cookie that I found (no pic).
Snack was an apple and yogurt (Dannon 0% Plus, blueberry flavour).
And then dinner – this was really good.
- 1/2 of a carnival squash, sliced into fries and baked
- 2 veggie dogs, 1 microwaved and 1 raw
- both with lots of TJ’s organic ketchup (I had to go back for more)
- tomato salad – tomatoes, onions, corn, eggplant (boiled in the microwave for 3 minutes), bacon bits, and balsamic vinegar.
I made more of the tomato salad to have for lunch tomorrow, but I added sliced veggie dogs for protein. I’m loving the veggie dogs recently. And I’m happy to say that my stomach feels much better – but I do want to get to bed early tonight to get some quality rest.
Nutrition was really good today – we learned about sugar substitutes and did some more on carbs. Our first assignment (which is optional for me since I’m auditing) is to do a food diary – so I told my professor about the site! I should probably be more precise in my measurements, but it’s a start.
Hope you all had a fabulous Monday. Question of the day – what’s your favorite salad dressing? I think mine is definitely Newman’s Own Lowfat Sesame Ginger – but plain balsamic vinegar is a close second.
Edit – I forgot to add that I had a few spoonfuls of polenta while I was cooking dinner – it’s all gone now :( But I’m definitely going to buy more.