Fall fun!

Last night’s snacks:

1 buffalo jerky small Fall fun!2 apple small Fall fun!

• an apple
  • piece of buffalo jerky (really good!  from TJ’s)
  • a few Terra chips that Bobby was eating

This morning I got up and did KICKBOXING!  And then Cardio Yoga.  Awesomeness.

Breakfast:

3 pancakes turkey bacon small Fall fun!

• 1.5 big pancakes with applesauce on top
  • 1 slice of uncured organic turkey bacon (so good)

After breakfast Bobby and I lounged around for a while, deciding what we wanted to do.  We ended up driving down to Watsonville (an hour away) with Griff to visit an apple farm – Gizdich Ranch.  It was so fun!  We bought some apples, took pictures, and walked around.  I scored some no-sugar-added olallieberry jam made at the farm too icon smile Fall fun!

After the farm, Bobby worked at home and I ventured out to Whole Foods (again) and Milk Pail (local amazing grocery) and bought way too much produce.  I don’t think we will need to shop for groceries ever, ever again.

Snack/Lunch:

• 2 fresh apples at the apple farm
  • 1 whole wheat wrap with olallieberry jam (from Gizdich Ranch) and smart balance when we got home
  • fruit samples at Whole Foods (2 pieces of mango, grapefruit, cantaloupe, I forget what else?)

Dinner:

4 dinner small Fall fun!

• carnival squash fries & ketchup (went back for more)
  • 1.5-2 cups of leftover lentil leek soup – topped with chopped tomatoes (and snuck a few bites from the pot too)
  • cornbread

Dessert:

7 apple crisp dessert small Fall fun!

• homemade apple crisp with green tea and espresso soy ice cream (got both on sale at Whole Foods today)

As I made tomorrow’s lunches I also snacked on the rest of the squash fries and an apple… The apples we got today are so good.  Which leads me to my question for the night – what’s your favorite fruit?  And does it depend on the season?

16 Comments on Fall fun!

1. Bobby (the boyfriend)
    19 October, 2008 at 11:12 pm (6 years ago)

Buffalo jerky is delicious, but I can’t decide yet if I like it more than TJ’s turkey jerky. Hmmm will have to think about that one.

Tonight’s dessert was delicious by the way. Can we have it again tomorrow night? Thanks so much sweetie. :)

My favorite fruit would have to be……… Orange (especially with a little bit of Nutella). It’s a winter fruit so yes it depends on the season (but I had it all year round in Florida). When it comes to flavors though, like for ice cream or drinks, I usually go for the berries (strawberry, raspberry).

2. mi
    20 October, 2008 at 1:14 am (6 years ago)

so fun to read you boyfriend’s comment! the ice cream looks delish.as does everything else in fact! fruit… i love nectarines, peaches, figs, apples, bananas, grapes…. hahahahaha!

3. MizFit
    20 October, 2008 at 3:27 am (6 years ago)

you lost me at BUFFALO JERKY. I love me some beef jerky—now I need to find that….

4. zestycook
    20 October, 2008 at 6:11 am (6 years ago)

WOW – love the Jerky, as well as the apple sauce on the pancakes… great healthy addition. I am new to your blog and love it.

Thanks for sharing.
    zesty

5. Biz
    20 October, 2008 at 8:26 am (6 years ago)

I love that bacon – its from Trader Joe’s right? I am going there at lunch today (taking a break from lunch exercise) so thanks for the reminder to pick some up!

Happy Monday!

6. Meghann
    20 October, 2008 at 8:33 am (6 years ago)

THe green Tea and Espresso Ice Cream sound awesome I will have to go check that sale out!

My fave fruit is strawberries hands down! I could eat them all year long! YUM!

7. admin
    20 October, 2008 at 8:57 am (6 years ago)

Biz – Yes! It’s so good. They have a similar brand at Whole Foods but it’s more expensive.

20 October, 2008 at 9:08 am (6 years ago)

Cardio yoga & kickboxing + pancakes & homemade apple crisp = sensational!! :-)

ALL-TIME favorite fruit = bing cherries.

9. WeightingGame
    20 October, 2008 at 11:31 am (6 years ago)

watermelon in the summer – I can eat a whole one in 3 days or so! In the fall, I love Honeycrisp apples…but still pine for my watermelon…

10. HangryPants
    20 October, 2008 at 4:50 pm (6 years ago)

Interesting. Not sure I pegged you for a jerky lover!

I love traditional fruits: apples, oranges, bananas and fun dried fruits like dates and prunes.

11. Erin
    20 October, 2008 at 5:26 pm (6 years ago)

That’s a serious workout! WOW!
    Hmm, hard to say. I really love mango, but I love berries, peaches, and all other stone fruits too – plus apples, bananas, and grapes…oy!

12. Lindsay
    20 October, 2008 at 5:45 pm (6 years ago)

i’ve seen olallieberry jam and have always wanted to try it!

those two ice creams look so fun and flavorful :)

13. alaina
    20 October, 2008 at 8:22 pm (6 years ago)

espresso soy ice cream… YUM. what brand is it?

by the way, i was talking about lafayette in louisiana. but there is a university there so maybe we’re thinking of the same one?

14. Julz
    20 October, 2008 at 8:58 pm (6 years ago)

WATERMELON (Especially Yellow! See my bloggy for details) , Cantaloup, Honeydew, n Papayas! And recently Ive begun to enjoy n NOT get ill from Bananas!! Mind you, they are consumed in small amounts ;) And last but not least… ORGANIC RANIER CHERRIES!!! OMG I WANT THEM SO BAAAD! They have a season of like 2 weeks! I love me some Bing Cherries too though! and strawberries, Mmm. OH, peaches in peak season n plums and def pluots/plumcots— I love a red delicious n gingergold n honeycrisp apple too. Umm can you tell what my favorite food category is? LOL :) My LOVES!!!

15. AlliJag
    21 October, 2008 at 3:20 pm (6 years ago)

That lunch soup looks amazing! :)

And I can’t buy Terra chips anymore – because when I do – I eat the whole thing in one sitting – they are AMAZING!

16. Shirley Lopez
    26 December, 2012 at 6:12 am (2 years ago)

I want this repined right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1