Last night’s snacks:
- an apple
- piece of buffalo jerky (really good! from TJ’s)
- a few Terra chips that Bobby was eating
This morning I got up and did KICKBOXING! And then Cardio Yoga. Awesomeness.
- 1.5 big pancakes with applesauce on top
- 1 slice of uncured organic turkey bacon (so good)
After breakfast Bobby and I lounged around for a while, deciding what we wanted to do. We ended up driving down to Watsonville (an hour away) with Griff to visit an apple farm – Gizdich Ranch. It was so fun! We bought some apples, took pictures, and walked around. I scored some no-sugar-added olallieberry jam made at the farm too
After the farm, Bobby worked at home and I ventured out to Whole Foods (again) and Milk Pail (local amazing grocery) and bought way too much produce. I don’t think we will need to shop for groceries ever, ever again.
- 2 fresh apples at the apple farm
- 1 whole wheat wrap with olallieberry jam (from Gizdich Ranch) and smart balance when we got home
- fruit samples at Whole Foods (2 pieces of mango, grapefruit, cantaloupe, I forget what else?)
- carnival squash fries & ketchup (went back for more)
- 1.5-2 cups of leftover lentil leek soup – topped with chopped tomatoes (and snuck a few bites from the pot too)
- homemade apple crisp with green tea and espresso soy ice cream (got both on sale at Whole Foods today)
As I made tomorrow’s lunches I also snacked on the rest of the squash fries and an apple… The apples we got today are so good. Which leads me to my question for the night – what’s your favorite fruit? And does it depend on the season?