I got up early this morning (to leave work early for class) and did Cardio Yoga. I love it
- 1/2 cup oats, a splash of milk, 1 cup water
- 1/2 mashed banana
- 1/2 chopped apple
- 1.5 T wheat germ
- 2.5 cups of red grapes
Hour-long walk at lunch…
- leftover lentil soup (3/4 cup) with lots of added veggies (okra, eggplant, onions, carrot)
- chopped plum
- 2 cups of cauliflower with more lentil soup (3/4 cup or so)
- another 2.5 cups of red grapes
Nutrition was great. My professor knows about the blog and the way I eat and she gave me some very informative literature about food additives – which I don’t really have to worry about, because I don’t eat much processed foods – but that’s why she thought I might be interested It’s a really good read, and if any of you have questions about a specific additive, just ask!
Poor Bobby is sick with something that we hope is NOT the flu, so I made him chicken and rice soup. It was actually really good, even though I completely made up the recipe on the spot. Maybe I’ll post it. I also made more apple crisp for us (but I added a pear this time too!).
All the beans I had today really filled me up, so I made a pretty light dinner for me…
- stirfry over lettuce (1 apple, 1 whole red pepper, carrot, onion, eggplant, bacon bits, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, celery)
But then it turned out that I really was hungry. So I had dessert times 2 – and then I kept sneaking the apples and pears out of the crisp, leaving Bobby with hardly anything BUT crisp:
- apple-pear crisp with soy ice cream (espresso and green tea flavors)
That’s my new Real Simple! I meant to read it while I was eating dessert but I kept getting distracted. And then I had to clean and do a bunch of other stuff so I still haven’t started it…
- 2 more medium apples
- terra chips… gahhh, why do I let Bobby get these? I can’t resist them.
I also made our lunches for tomorrow, and did the dishes, and took care of Bobby. And now I’m going to try to read my magazine. Hope you all had a wonderful Monday. I got some really great answers to my fruit question yesterday, so I’m happy! Thanks for all of your responses!