Just another Monday

I got up early this morning (to leave work early for class) and did Cardio Yoga.  I love it icon smile Just another Monday

Breakfast:

4 oatmeal copy Just another Monday

• 1/2 cup oats, a splash of milk, 1 cup water
  • 1/2 mashed banana
  • 1/2 chopped apple
  • 1.5 T wheat germ

Mid-morning snack:

• 2.5 cups of red grapes

Hour-long walk at lunch…

Lunch:

1 lunch veggies lentils copy Just another Monday2 chopped plum copy Just another Monday

• leftover lentil soup (3/4 cup) with lots of added veggies (okra, eggplant, onions, carrot)
  • chopped plum

Snack:

3 cauliflower and lentils copy Just another Monday

• 2 cups of cauliflower with more lentil soup (3/4 cup or so)
  • another 2.5 cups of red grapes

Nutrition was great.  My professor knows about the blog and the way I eat and she gave me some very informative literature about food additives – which I don’t really have to worry about, because I don’t eat much processed foods – but that’s why she thought I might be interested :)  It’s a really good read, and if any of you have questions about a specific additive, just ask!

Poor Bobby is sick with something that we hope is NOT the flu, so I made him chicken and rice soup.  It was actually really good, even though I completely made up the recipe on the spot.  Maybe I’ll post it.  I also made more apple crisp for us (but I added a pear this time too!).

All the beans I had today really filled me up, so I made a pretty light dinner for me…

Dinner:

5 dinner stir fry copy Just another Monday

• stirfry over lettuce (1 apple, 1 whole red pepper, carrot, onion, eggplant, bacon bits, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, celery)

But then it turned out that I really was hungry.  So I had dessert times 2 – and then I kept sneaking the apples and pears out of the crisp, leaving Bobby with hardly anything BUT crisp:

7 apple crisp copy Just another Monday

• apple-pear crisp with soy ice cream (espresso and green tea flavors)

That’s my new Real Simple!  I meant to read it while I was eating dessert but I kept getting distracted.  And then I had to clean and do a bunch of other stuff so I still haven’t started it…

And snack:

8 apple copy Just another Monday9 terra chips copy Just another Monday

• 2 more medium apples
  • terra chips… gahhh, why do I let Bobby get these?  I can’t resist them.

I also made our lunches for tomorrow, and did the dishes, and took care of Bobby.  And now I’m going to try to read my magazine.  Hope you all had a wonderful Monday.  I got some really great answers to my fruit question yesterday, so I’m happy!  Thanks for all of your responses!

17 Comments on Just another Monday

1. Sharon
    20 October, 2008 at 10:47 pm (6 years ago)

What do those terra chips taste like?? I’ve actually never had them before!

Sorry to hear Bobby is sick. Congee seems to help me! =)

2. admin
    20 October, 2008 at 10:49 pm (6 years ago)

Sharon – Terra chips are SO. GOOD. I don’t really like potato chips but I love these – they are so flavorful, and there are lots of different types of chip like regular potato, sweet potato, and taro chips. Yum. Yeah, the soup I made him was pretty much congee :) He liked it!

3. mi
    20 October, 2008 at 11:46 pm (6 years ago)

i hope bobby gets better soon!

your stir fry looks chock-full of goods! and i just love your dessert – i wouldn’t be able to stop at x2 i think!

4. Erin
    21 October, 2008 at 3:28 am (6 years ago)

Poor Bobby! Your desserts looks AWESOME. Especially the first one! :)

21 October, 2008 at 4:54 am (6 years ago)

Hooray for great Nutrition!! :-D The professor does sound wonderful.

Looove Real Simple magazine.

6. eatingbender
    21 October, 2008 at 7:48 am (6 years ago)

Do you use Exercise TV? I’ve seen Jillian’s Cardio Shred on there and have been curious about it!! And did you find the cardio yoga on there as well?

Your oats look so creamy this morning! And I love the looks of that soy ice cream dessert :)

My Bobby is currently sick with something I’m hoping is not the flu, too! Must be a Bobby thing ;) Let’s just hope that we don’t get sick, right?

7. ChocolateCoveredVegan
    21 October, 2008 at 9:07 am (6 years ago)

Cardio yoga sounds fun. I sometimes take a power yoga class… is that what it is like, or is there some kinda running involved?

8. Biz
    21 October, 2008 at 9:45 am (6 years ago)

Terra chips and TJ’s sesame pretzels are like crack to me – I can never stop at a serving size!

9. zestycook
    21 October, 2008 at 10:06 am (6 years ago)

I am with Biz on that – I can rarely stop at a serving size for anything :) Very nice desserts!

Great post.
    zesty

10. Nate
    21 October, 2008 at 10:16 am (6 years ago)

Hi Mag,

could you try entering your email in our subscription form again? I think I have it working again.

Wouldn’t want you to miss out on the giveaway! ;-)

Aloha, Nate

11. admin
    21 October, 2008 at 11:05 am (6 years ago)

eatingbender – I do use ExerciseTV! I love it. You’re right, the cardio yoga is on there too – under Yoga and Pilates, I think. Hope your Bobby feels better soon!
    CCV – I think it’s called Vinyasa yoga – it’s not running or anything, but it’s more fluid movement and not as much holding poses forever. You still hold them for 2-3 breaths, but you definitely get winded during the workout… especially if you do it after another workout, like the 30-day shred ones. The instructor is Tom Morley.

12. HangryPants
    21 October, 2008 at 5:01 pm (6 years ago)

I was going to ask what cardio yoga is, but I see you answered that. It seems like a fast paced yoga. I need to utilize Exercise TV!

13. Brittany Mullins
    21 October, 2008 at 7:50 pm (6 years ago)

Awww… I hope Bobby feels well soon. I think homemade soup is a good cure!!

I’m glad you are enjoying your nutrition class. And, more dessert than dinner is always fun!

14. AlliJag
    22 October, 2008 at 2:07 pm (6 years ago)

I’m obsessed wiht this green ice cream I keep seeing you post – I MUST get some soon! :D

15. Juliet
    22 October, 2008 at 8:34 pm (6 years ago)

What is exercise TV? Sounds interesting and convenient. :)

16. Jude
    23 October, 2008 at 10:18 pm (6 years ago)

Wish I could eat this healthy every day. You make it look so easy !

17. Shaarangapanaye
    16 February, 2009 at 12:37 am (6 years ago)

Hello Guru, what entice you to post an article. This article was extremely interesting, especially since I was searching for thoughts on this subject last Thursday.