Jimmy Buffett Concert!

Yesterday I was featured in one of my favorite blogs, Back In Skinny Jeans.  Check it out if you have a chance.

Yesterday was packed!  I started off the morning with 30-Day Shred Level 1 (ExerciseTV).  Then at work I made…

Breakfast:

2 breakfast 300x225 Jimmy Buffett Concert!

• 1/2 cup oats, some grapes, blueberry yogurt
  • apple
These were the most amazing oats.  I actually made them again today, so you’ll be seeing them again soon.

Before lunch I had my hour long walk, which was nice and relaxing.

Lunch:

1 lunch 300x225 Jimmy Buffett Concert!

• huge stirfry salad – eggplant, yellow pepper, romaine, tomato, onion, celery, balsamic, bacon bits, carrot, egg whites, apple
  • 1 la tortilla factory wrap with some smart balance

Snack:

• another wrap, and an apple

We went to a Jimmy Buffett concert last night at Shoreline and it was incredible.  It was so fun and chill.  We had lawn seats and we spread out a quilt and had dinner there.  After we ate we chillaxed a little bit and then stood up and danced for a while.  We left before the encore because we didn’t want to deal with the hassle of 10,000 people leaving all at once.  We actually walked to and from the concert (2+ miles each way), so I got in some more exercise.

I didn’t have much time after work to figure out what to make for dinner, so I was boring and had the same stirfry I had for lunch, but with extra egg whites.  See:

3 dinner1 300x225 Jimmy Buffett Concert!

And an apple.  (My mom made the quilt in the background!  She’s really talented and I love getting quilts every time I visit her.  I think if I ever have time that’s a hobby I’d like to start.)  It’s one of the amazingly delicious ones that we got at the farm this weekend:

4 apple 300x225 Jimmy Buffett Concert!

After we got back I had dessert:

5 baby carrots 300x225 Jimmy Buffett Concert!6 apple peanut butter 300x225 Jimmy Buffett Concert!7 soy ice cream 300x225 Jimmy Buffett Concert!

• baby carrots and TJ’s raspberry vinaigrette
  • 1 apple and 1.5 T peanut butter (I forgot how much I love PB – I’ve been stuck on AB for a while!)
  • 1/2 cup of green tea soy ice cream – YUM – straight from the container.

It was a pretty awesome day.  So today’s question – what was the best concert you’ve ever been to?  Mine would probably be one of the Guster concerts that I’ve seen, but Jimmy last night was definitely in the top! Happy humpday everyone!

10 Comments on Jimmy Buffett Concert!

1. Biz
    22 October, 2008 at 9:51 am (6 years ago)

Thanks for the shout out b-day greating for my pop-in-law!

I love picnic concerts, however, hubby likes the pavillion seats!

My favorite concert I went to (AND I AM REALLY DATING MYSELF HERE!) was U2 – Joshua Tree tour at the Rosemont Horizon in Rosemont, Illinois in (are you ready for it?!) April 1987! I was 19 years old and they were AMAZING!

Glad you had a good time!

2. Meghann
    22 October, 2008 at 11:19 am (6 years ago)

My favorite conert was Probaly Keith Urban, or Kenny Chesney I went to both of them with some great friends and we just dance and sung along all night!

3. admin
    22 October, 2008 at 11:21 am (6 years ago)

Biz – that sounds so fun! U2 is such a timeless band :)
    Meghann – I LOVE Keith Urban and Kenny Chesney – I haven’t seen them in concert though. I bet that was great :)

22 October, 2008 at 12:40 pm (6 years ago)

My favorite concert = front and center at the Elton John concert (I even got to meet him!!! :-D )

5. mi
    22 October, 2008 at 1:03 pm (6 years ago)

so great about the concert!! nothing like great live music. i go to classical concerts all the time, and love them and learn from them since i’m a classical musician myself, but i have been to a few non-classical ones including paul mccartney and bruce springsteen (haha i’m such a sucker for old music – i’m all about the beatles and frank sinatra etc.! but also my dad is a fan of both mccartney and springsteen), both of which i really enjoyed!

6. gina
    22 October, 2008 at 1:07 pm (6 years ago)

so glad you had fun at the concert!
    i LOVE that soy delicious ice cream :D
    my favorite concert was josh groban (yes, i’m an old lady and adore him)– just because i made friends with the security guard who let me backstage to meet him!
    hope you have a great day!

7. Sharon
    22 October, 2008 at 2:49 pm (6 years ago)

I love concerts! The excitement is just so great! The most recent one that I have been to would be the Simple Plan concert!

And walking to the concert?! WOW! Great job!

8. HangryPants
    22 October, 2008 at 4:30 pm (6 years ago)

I saw you on Back in Skinny Jeans! Awesome.

I love that “ice cream!”

9. Hil
    22 October, 2008 at 9:27 pm (6 years ago)

My favorite concert was a small outdoor Vienna Teng concert in Sonoma wine country on a beautiful summer day. Glass of wine in hand, good friends, good music…it was heaven.

10. admin
    22 October, 2008 at 11:46 pm (6 years ago)

VeggieGirl – Elton John = amazing! Wow :)
    mi – yay for classical music :)
    gina – I’m seeing Josh Groban on Sunday!! WOo HOO!
    Hil – that does sound fantastic… friends make everything wonderful :)