The title refers to how I’ve had the same stuff several days in a row. I’m ready for a change!
My knees have been bugging me lately – too much 30-day shred maybe? Anyway, this morning I relaxed with some Cardio Yoga before work. If you guys are looking for this video it’s on Exercise TV (OnDemand with Comcast). Go to OnDemand, then go to Sports & Fitness, then go to Exercise TV, and then it’s under Pilates & Yoga.
- 1/2 cup oats, grapes, Dannon 0% plus blueberry yogurt (I add the yogurt in after cooking, but the grapes go in halfway through)
Then I took my hour-long walk before…
- stirfry (eggplant, apple, onion, carrot, egg whites, red pepper, balsamic, soy sauce)
- another apple
I have had this same exact meal several times over the last few days. It’s just so simple – but I’m starting to get bored (enough that I’m willing to make a bigger effort to make lunch…). So expect something fun and different tomorrow!
- 2.5 cups cauliflower and TJ’s raspberry vinaigrette
- KFC coleslaw (leftovers from lunch that was ordered out)
Dinner: (at Garden Fresh vegetarian restaurant in Mountain View – I think it’s our new favorite restaurant)
- soup! – tofu, corn, carrots, peas, herbs… I think that was all?
- “beef” and broccoli with a brown sauce (steamed, sauce on the side) – I ate all the veggies and most of the “beef”.
- Bobby’s Mongolian “chicken” – I had multiple bites of this.
- a fresh tomato from my nutrition professor’s garden
- an apple from Gizdich Ranch that we visited this past weekend – so crunchy and fresh!
I’m off to get some baby carrots and yogurty-honey-mustard dip now. No pic, because I haven’t made it yet Well, I had some baby carrots and dip, but then Fage & honey sounded better – so I had about 3/4 cup of Fage with a tablespoon of honey… ohh, heaven.
In nutrition today we learned about vegetarian/vegan diets and then we went on to talk about the impact that animal husbandry has on the environment. It’s a really interesting niche of nutrition. It reminded me of this talk that I saw a few months ago by Michael Pollan (I didn’t see it live, it’s online). Here’s the LINK if you’re interested. It’s about 17 minutes long, but a great talk if you have the time! Or even if you just watch part of it.
Happy almost Thursday! It’s practically the weekend