Oats, stirfry, repeat

The title refers to how I’ve had the same stuff several days in a row.  I’m ready for a change!

My knees have been bugging me lately – too much 30-day shred maybe?  Anyway, this morning I relaxed with some Cardio Yoga before work.  If you guys are looking for this video it’s on Exercise TV (OnDemand with Comcast).  Go to OnDemand, then go to Sports & Fitness, then go to Exercise TV, and then it’s under Pilates & Yoga.

Breakfast:

• 1/2 cup oats, grapes, Dannon 0% plus blueberry yogurt (I add the yogurt in after cooking, but the grapes go in halfway through)
  • apple

Then I took my hour-long walk before…

Lunch:

• stirfry (eggplant, apple, onion, carrot, egg whites, red pepper, balsamic, soy sauce)
  • another apple

I have had this same exact meal several times over the last few days.  It’s just so simple – but I’m starting to get bored (enough that I’m willing to make a bigger effort to make lunch…).  So expect something fun and different tomorrow!

Snack:

• 2.5 cups cauliflower and TJ’s raspberry vinaigrette
  • KFC coleslaw (leftovers from lunch that was ordered out)

Dinner: (at Garden Fresh vegetarian restaurant in Mountain View – I think it’s our new favorite restaurant)

• soup! – tofu, corn, carrots, peas, herbs… I think that was all?

• “beef” and broccoli with a brown sauce (steamed, sauce on the side) – I ate all the veggies and most of the “beef”.

• Bobby’s Mongolian “chicken” – I had multiple bites of this.

Dessert:

• a fresh tomato from my nutrition professor’s garden
  • an apple from Gizdich Ranch that we visited this past weekend – so crunchy and fresh!

I’m off to get some baby carrots and yogurty-honey-mustard dip now.  No pic, because I haven’t made it yet :) Well, I had some baby carrots and dip, but then Fage & honey sounded better – so I had about 3/4 cup of Fage with a tablespoon of honey… ohh, heaven.

In nutrition today we learned about vegetarian/vegan diets and then we went on to talk about the impact that animal husbandry has on the environment.  It’s a really interesting niche of nutrition.  It reminded me of this talk that I saw a few months ago by Michael Pollan (I didn’t see it live, it’s online).  Here’s the LINK if you’re interested.  It’s about 17 minutes long, but a great talk if you have the time!  Or even if you just watch part of it.

Happy almost Thursday!  It’s practically the weekend :)

13 Comments on Oats, stirfry, repeat

1. mi
    22 October, 2008 at 11:43 pm (7 years ago)

so great that you play piano!! makes me very happy :D

i LOVE fage with honey – i love fage with anything.it makes me anxious when i don’t have any in the fridge (like now!!)

i’m going to watch the link now!

23 October, 2008 at 4:04 am (7 years ago)

Your meals are always so colorful!!!! Love it.

Happy Thursday!!

3. gina
    23 October, 2008 at 7:39 am (7 years ago)

that stir fry looks sooooo good! and i wish we had a vegetarian restaurant here.. the people in southern georgia would probably protest one opening though!
    hope you have a great day!

4. AlliJag
    23 October, 2008 at 10:44 am (7 years ago)

Is that normal cauliflower? It looks orange! Just curious! It seemed like such a fun color! :D

5. Lee
    23 October, 2008 at 2:03 pm (7 years ago)

Hey! I had mongolian chicken last night too…so yummy!

6. Hil
    23 October, 2008 at 5:12 pm (7 years ago)

Are you vegetarian? I thought I remembered seeing some fish in one of your meals awhile back, but I’m not sure.

7. admin
    23 October, 2008 at 5:17 pm (7 years ago)

AlliJag – it’s orange cauliflower! I don’t know the exact name of the variety…
    Hil – Nope, not vegetarian… but I don’t eat a lot of meat. And I’ve been vegetarian and vegan in the past. I guess I call myself a flexitarian now :)

8. Erin
    23 October, 2008 at 5:26 pm (7 years ago)

THanks for the link! I starred this post so I could watch it later. :)
    You eat SO healthy. I love it!

9. Kelly Alesso
    23 October, 2008 at 8:58 pm (7 years ago)

I do wish I had Comcast sometimes as RCN does not have any fitness channels, let alone any on demand. I’m like you where I hardly eat any meat or fish, but am not officially vegetarian. I’ve been doing VeganMoFo for the past month to challenge myself even more to cook without animal products, but I don’t do very well with the labels. I guess I just like the freedom to have it sometimes if I am really craving it or in a situation where I don’t have much control over my own food or don’t want to offend anyone. I think sometimes people assume I am a vegetarian just because I love veggies and tofu. Call me weird but I would take tofu over chicken any day.

10. Sharon
    23 October, 2008 at 9:14 pm (7 years ago)

Wow, everything looks scrumptious! And great job on the walk! =)

11. Charlie Hills
    23 October, 2008 at 9:20 pm (7 years ago)

If something’s really good, I don’t mind having it several days in a row. Thin crust pepperoni pizza comes to mind… :)

12. admin
    23 October, 2008 at 10:06 pm (7 years ago)

Kelly – that’s awesome :) I would definitely choose tofu over chicken too.
    Charlie – mmmm thin crust pizza. I could go for some of that right now, haha. I can definitely eat the same thing over and over again if I like it enough.