Oats, stirfry, repeat

The title refers to how I’ve had the same stuff several days in a row.  I’m ready for a change!

My knees have been bugging me lately – too much 30-day shred maybe?  Anyway, this morning I relaxed with some Cardio Yoga before work.  If you guys are looking for this video it’s on Exercise TV (OnDemand with Comcast).  Go to OnDemand, then go to Sports & Fitness, then go to Exercise TV, and then it’s under Pilates & Yoga.

Breakfast:

3 breakfast2 300x225 Oats, stirfry, repeat

• 1/2 cup oats, grapes, Dannon 0% plus blueberry yogurt (I add the yogurt in after cooking, but the grapes go in halfway through)
  • apple

Then I took my hour-long walk before…

Lunch:

1 lunch stirfry 300x225 Oats, stirfry, repeat

• stirfry (eggplant, apple, onion, carrot, egg whites, red pepper, balsamic, soy sauce)
  • another apple

I have had this same exact meal several times over the last few days.  It’s just so simple – but I’m starting to get bored (enough that I’m willing to make a bigger effort to make lunch…).  So expect something fun and different tomorrow!

Snack:

2 cauliflower 300x225 Oats, stirfry, repeat

• 2.5 cups cauliflower and TJ’s raspberry vinaigrette
  • KFC coleslaw (leftovers from lunch that was ordered out)

Dinner: (at Garden Fresh vegetarian restaurant in Mountain View – I think it’s our new favorite restaurant)

• soup! – tofu, corn, carrots, peas, herbs… I think that was all?

4 soup 300x225 Oats, stirfry, repeat

• “beef” and broccoli with a brown sauce (steamed, sauce on the side) – I ate all the veggies and most of the “beef”.

5 beef and broccoli 300x225 Oats, stirfry, repeat

• Bobby’s Mongolian “chicken” – I had multiple bites of this.

6 mongolian chicken 300x225 Oats, stirfry, repeat

Dessert:

7 tomato 300x225 Oats, stirfry, repeat9 apple 300x225 Oats, stirfry, repeat

• a fresh tomato from my nutrition professor’s garden
  • an apple from Gizdich Ranch that we visited this past weekend – so crunchy and fresh!

I’m off to get some baby carrots and yogurty-honey-mustard dip now.  No pic, because I haven’t made it yet icon smile Oats, stirfry, repeat Well, I had some baby carrots and dip, but then Fage & honey sounded better – so I had about 3/4 cup of Fage with a tablespoon of honey… ohh, heaven.

In nutrition today we learned about vegetarian/vegan diets and then we went on to talk about the impact that animal husbandry has on the environment.  It’s a really interesting niche of nutrition.  It reminded me of this talk that I saw a few months ago by Michael Pollan (I didn’t see it live, it’s online).  Here’s the LINK if you’re interested.  It’s about 17 minutes long, but a great talk if you have the time!  Or even if you just watch part of it.

Happy almost Thursday!  It’s practically the weekend icon smile Oats, stirfry, repeat

13 Comments on Oats, stirfry, repeat

1. mi
    22 October, 2008 at 11:43 pm (6 years ago)

so great that you play piano!! makes me very happy :D

i LOVE fage with honey – i love fage with anything.it makes me anxious when i don’t have any in the fridge (like now!!)

i’m going to watch the link now!

23 October, 2008 at 4:04 am (6 years ago)

Your meals are always so colorful!!!! Love it.

Happy Thursday!!

3. gina
    23 October, 2008 at 7:39 am (6 years ago)

that stir fry looks sooooo good! and i wish we had a vegetarian restaurant here.. the people in southern georgia would probably protest one opening though!
    hope you have a great day!

4. AlliJag
    23 October, 2008 at 10:44 am (6 years ago)

Is that normal cauliflower? It looks orange! Just curious! It seemed like such a fun color! :D

5. Lee
    23 October, 2008 at 2:03 pm (6 years ago)

Hey! I had mongolian chicken last night too…so yummy!

6. Hil
    23 October, 2008 at 5:12 pm (6 years ago)

Are you vegetarian? I thought I remembered seeing some fish in one of your meals awhile back, but I’m not sure.

7. admin
    23 October, 2008 at 5:17 pm (6 years ago)

AlliJag – it’s orange cauliflower! I don’t know the exact name of the variety…
    Hil – Nope, not vegetarian… but I don’t eat a lot of meat. And I’ve been vegetarian and vegan in the past. I guess I call myself a flexitarian now :)

8. Erin
    23 October, 2008 at 5:26 pm (6 years ago)

THanks for the link! I starred this post so I could watch it later. :)
    You eat SO healthy. I love it!

9. Kelly Alesso
    23 October, 2008 at 8:58 pm (6 years ago)

I do wish I had Comcast sometimes as RCN does not have any fitness channels, let alone any on demand. I’m like you where I hardly eat any meat or fish, but am not officially vegetarian. I’ve been doing VeganMoFo for the past month to challenge myself even more to cook without animal products, but I don’t do very well with the labels. I guess I just like the freedom to have it sometimes if I am really craving it or in a situation where I don’t have much control over my own food or don’t want to offend anyone. I think sometimes people assume I am a vegetarian just because I love veggies and tofu. Call me weird but I would take tofu over chicken any day.

10. Sharon
    23 October, 2008 at 9:14 pm (6 years ago)

Wow, everything looks scrumptious! And great job on the walk! =)

11. Charlie Hills
    23 October, 2008 at 9:20 pm (6 years ago)

If something’s really good, I don’t mind having it several days in a row. Thin crust pepperoni pizza comes to mind… :)

12. admin
    23 October, 2008 at 10:06 pm (6 years ago)

Kelly – that’s awesome :) I would definitely choose tofu over chicken too.
    Charlie – mmmm thin crust pizza. I could go for some of that right now, haha. I can definitely eat the same thing over and over again if I like it enough.