This week’s Blogger Secret Ingredient is hosted by The Fitnessista and she chose cranberries! I love cranberries. Back in high school my favorite band was the Cranberries, and I loved to snack on Craisins – so much so that my screenname still has the word cranberry in it. If you ever want to chat, ask me what it is This recipe is full of fall flavours and I really enjoyed it.
Cranberry Apple Pumpkin Bake
- 1 apple, chopped
- 1.25 cups of cranberries (I used frozen)
- about 3 cups of chopped pumpkin
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Mix all the ingredients except the cheddar together in a bowl.
- Spray a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and pour in the mix. Top with the shredded cheddar.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. ENJOY! I think another great addition would be some chopped nuts on the top. Try it out and let me know.
I had mine with delicious baked tofu: