Hip hip hooray for PB&J

I think I was low on calories yesterday, so before I went to bed I snacked on some pumpkin seeds (spicy!):

10 pumpkin seeds spciy 300x225 Hip hip hooray for PB&J

Speaking of snacking on nuts, I had a bunch of almonds on… Saturday night I think?  Probably 1/2 or 2/3 cup.  It was random.  This morning I got up and did Cardio Yoga (no surprise there)… and went to work.

Breakfast:

2 breakfast2 300x225 Hip hip hooray for PB&J

• 1/2 cup oats, 1 cup water, 1 peach yogurt, a bunch of grapes
  • 1 apple

On Monday and Wednesday I eat breakfast about an hour earlier than normal, so I usually need a snack.  La Tortilla factory to the rescue!

• WW wrap with peanut butter

And before lunch I took my hour-long walk.  It was pretty leisurely today.  The soreness from my weekend runs and the 5 miles of walking to and from the concert yesterday didn’t hit until this morning – but man did I feel it when I woke up.

Lunch:

1 lunch1 300x225 Hip hip hooray for PB&J

• 2.5 cups of stirfried veggies (last night’s leftovers)
  • 1 PB&J sandwich on an english muffin
  • an apple (unpictured)

Snack:

• Another WW wrap with peanut butter

After class I stopped by Milk Pail for groceries and got a huge stash of veggies, fruit, bread, and OJ (for Bobby) for $20.  It was crazy.  Also crazy was the fact that we didn’t eat until 9:15 – when I got home I was starving so I snacked on a bunch of these cute yellow tomatoes as I made dinner:

3 tomatoes 300x225 Hip hip hooray for PB&J

Dinner:

5 shirataki pasta 300x225 Hip hip hooray for PB&J4 veggies bbq 300x225 Hip hip hooray for PB&J

• shirataki noodles with cabbage, eggplant, some veggie ground meat, and pasta sauce
  • raw veggies and bbq sauce

Dessert:

6 apple pb 300x225 Hip hip hooray for PB&J

• 1 apple with 2 T peanut butter

I’m loving peanut butter today icon smile Hip hip hooray for PB&J  After going so long without it (I’d been on an almond butter kick), I’m glad to have it again.  Today’s question – what is your favorite NUT or NUT BUTTER? I have several favorite nuts – almonds, cashews, and pecans.  As for nut butters, I think I have to stick with the classic – peanut butter all the way.  What do you think?

16 Comments on Hip hip hooray for PB&J

1. mi
    28 October, 2008 at 12:57 am (6 years ago)

woohoo for PB! i actally never discovered how great the stuff was until i started reading all these blogs. i love salted PB freshly ground at wholefoods – goes espeh. well with bananas! i also love almond butter, and the PB & co. butters of course :D
    i really like the way you always take lunchtime walks – it must be helpful and therapeutic, to have some time and exercise like that in the middle of the day – also must help to keep post-lunch drowsiness at bay!

2. MizFit
    28 October, 2008 at 3:11 am (6 years ago)

I love the shirataki but have NEVER THOUGHT of grapes in oatmeal!

thanks for the idea…

3. Lindsay
    28 October, 2008 at 3:21 am (6 years ago)

yummy eats all around…
    the yellow tomatoes are TOO cute!

i personally have to stick w/ classic natural chunky pb… ive tried others and love em but nothing tops pb!

4. Tina
    28 October, 2008 at 4:23 am (6 years ago)

Mmmmm… spicy pumpkin seeds! Love the idea! :)

5. Erica
    28 October, 2008 at 4:43 am (6 years ago)

So do yellow tomatoes taste like red ones? i’ve seen them and been afraid to buy them :) I <3 brazil nuts

6. hangrypanta
    28 October, 2008 at 4:47 am (6 years ago)

I am glad I am not the only one who eats a PB sammie with veggies. Perfect.

My favorite is Teddie’s unsalted smooth peanut butter.

7. Meghann
    28 October, 2008 at 6:23 am (6 years ago)

Almond butter is my FAVE nut butter. Too bad it’s rediculously expensive :(

8. Hil
    28 October, 2008 at 9:17 am (6 years ago)

I’m a total peanut butter person. It’s cheaper than other nut butters and it has more protein, so I find it much more filling and satisfying!

9. Biz
    28 October, 2008 at 9:21 am (6 years ago)

Anything that ends in “butter” I am all over! But I think I like the classic Jif extra crunchy. Yum!

You were almost my 500th comment today – you came in at 501!

10. Jenny
    28 October, 2008 at 10:19 am (6 years ago)

Totally am in LOVE with this post! Peanut butter rules, and almond butter comes in a veryyy close second, I’ve yet to go beyond those two yet :)

11. Lee (seelivelee)
    28 October, 2008 at 10:33 am (6 years ago)

I can answer this one. Of course I love peanut butter, we are in a very serious relationship, him and I. but I have recently tried almond butter for the first time, which I like too, but it is not as salty as PB. I think I am also just used to the taste of peanut butter so I prefer it. But I like the almond butter, possibly a 8 out of 10. I have never tried sunflowerseed butter or cashew butter though…. what do u think about those?

12. Lee (seelivelee)
    28 October, 2008 at 10:33 am (6 years ago)

i think ill always stay faithful to Peanut butter though.

13. Rhodey
    28 October, 2008 at 12:15 pm (6 years ago)

thoughts on your food today:

yum, yum, and YUM!

14. Erin
    28 October, 2008 at 1:41 pm (6 years ago)

I love almost all nuts!
    I’m glad you took it easy on the walk today.
    I seriously can’t stop thinking about the cranberry-apple-cheese-pumpkin dish you made the other night, but how did you do the pumpkin? I’ve only bought it in a can. Can you fb me the details if you have time to waste?
    Don’t you love those days where you’re low on cals and have to make up for it at night? I LOVE IT!
    Have a happy day!

28 October, 2008 at 2:39 pm (6 years ago)

Loooove your PBJ, stir-fried vegetables, spicy pumpkin seeds… yum!!

**Favorite nut = raw almonds

**Favorite nut-butter = hazelnut-butter!!! :-)

16. Kristie
    28 October, 2008 at 9:17 pm (6 years ago)

I totally want some fresh roasted pumpkin seeds right about now.

I think pecans are one my top fav nuts. Along with almonds and cashews and… well I just like mixed nuts in general.
    As for nut butters, I’ve only really tried peanut, almond, almond hazelnut and pumpkin seed, but I like them all in their own ways!
    Anything nut based is just good in general.