The Creamiest Oats

This morning was Cardio Yoga.  I can’t decide what to do tomorrow – I want to run, but my knees still hurt and I’m scared of overdoing it.  I think I need to get some knee braces.  I might try a different yoga video that’s longer than the cardio yoga one.

Today’s breakfast was the most amazing bowl of oats I’ve ever had.  The Greek yogurt made them oh-so creamy and delicious.  I was in heaven!

Breakfast:

5 breakfast copy The Creamiest Oats

• 1/2 cup oats, 1.5 cups water, 1 cup grapes (chopped in half), 2/3 cup plain greek yogurt
  • an apple

I did take my hour-long walk before lunch today.  It was nice.  Just walking and thinking.

Lunch:

4 lunch copy The Creamiest Oats

• english muffin with smart balance & olallieberry jam
  • huge salad – romaine, grape tomatoes, red pepper, celery, shredded carrot, and 2 slices of turkey bacon – topped with balsamic vinegar
  • apple!

Snack:

• 2 wraps, just plain!

After nutrition class tonight Bobby and I drove up to San Francisco to have dinner with his cousins at Slanted Door, a trendy Vietnamese restaurant in the Ferry Building.  We’ve been there once before, for lunch, and it was delicious.

Dinner:

7 shrimp soup copy The Creamiest Oats6 veggie spring roll copy The Creamiest Oats9 grapefruit jicama cabbage salad copy The Creamiest Oats10 crab cellophane noodles copy The Creamiest Oats

• my appetizer – shrimp soup (it had tomatoes, shrimp, bac ha, and pineapple – I ate everything but left most of the broth)
  • vegetarian spring rolls (I had 3 pieces)
  • my meal – grapefruit and jicama salad (also red cabbage, pickled carrots, and candied pecans) – it was really good!
  • a few bites of Bobby’s crab cellophane noodles

Dessert:

11 apple pb copy The Creamiest Oats

• 2 apples + 1.5 tablespoons of PB (I just can’t go to bed without dessert…)
  • a few banana crisps
  • several too many handfuls of cashews

It was so nice to see Bobby’s family – they are really sweet.  If you’re reading, thank you so much for dinner!  We had a lot of fun.

I hope you all had a fantastic Wednesday – though mine was incredibly busy, I had a very nice day.  It’s almost Halloween!  I can’t wait.  Happy Thursday icon smile The Creamiest Oats

16 Comments on The Creamiest Oats

1. mi
    30 October, 2008 at 1:10 am (6 years ago)

glad you had such a good time! your oats definitely look creamy. i love vietnamese food :D

2. Kristie
    30 October, 2008 at 5:27 am (6 years ago)

I love how COLOURFUL that salad is.

I can’t go to bed without dessert either. I need to end my day with SWEET.

Now I’m off to make myself a bowl of creeeeamy oats. Mmm.

3. gina
    30 October, 2008 at 6:57 am (6 years ago)

sorry your knee is bugging you! good idea to take it easy
    those oats do look heavenly!
    happy thursday!

4. Meghann
    30 October, 2008 at 8:25 am (6 years ago)

Your Vietamese Eats look great. I don’t think I’ve ever ate at a Vietemese resteraunt before, but I’ve heard their food selections are suspose to be verfy figure friendly :)

5. AlliJag
    30 October, 2008 at 8:42 am (6 years ago)

I can’t stop when I’m eating cashew either! :)

I like how turkey bacon keeps showing up on your salads – I think I need to add that to my rotation!

6. Hil
    30 October, 2008 at 8:45 am (6 years ago)

Greek yogurt + oats = amazing. And I want that salad!

7. rhodeygirl
    30 October, 2008 at 10:56 am (6 years ago)

do you have any knee injuries? my fiance didn’t have any injury but had pain and soreness in his knees and sometimes his ankles. he went to a special holistic healer for runners who told him he simply wasn’t stretching deeply enough and that was causing his pain. now he stretches for 20 minutes every morning and night and has no pain at all. maybe you should give it a shot!

8. Jenny
    30 October, 2008 at 12:10 pm (6 years ago)

Long, thoughtful walks are the best. Hope you are having a great Thursday :)

9. Joanna
    30 October, 2008 at 4:08 pm (6 years ago)

i like walking and thinking, too. it’s so relaxing , especially looking at all the leaves and trees this time of the year. i hope your knee is okay. when i used to work out too much, my knees started cracking when i ran. maybe take it easy for a few days. it really does do your body more good than you think.

10. Happy Herbivore
    30 October, 2008 at 5:06 pm (6 years ago)

I LOVE eating apples with smooth pb! I use WF brand too but the one with the brown top = i think that one is no sugar no salt added… not sure… LOVE It.

30 October, 2008 at 6:41 pm (6 years ago)

Hooray for creamy oats!

12. Kelly Olexa
    30 October, 2008 at 7:11 pm (6 years ago)

Wow, everything in your post looks so unbelievably amazing! Now I’m hungry!
    ;-)
    K

13. Erica
    30 October, 2008 at 7:41 pm (6 years ago)

I’m not really a yoga fan but cardio yoga sounds really interesting! Dinner looks yummy! Where do you live? I spent part of my childhood in Pleasanton

14. Sharon
    30 October, 2008 at 9:27 pm (6 years ago)

I love Vietnamese food – it is my favorite! Whenever I go home for school breaks/holidays, etc.. my mom greets me with vietnamese food!!! yum!

2Pingbacks & Trackbacks on The Creamiest Oats