This morning I did a 45-minute yoga session: Yoga Fitness Fusion by Angie Stewart (Exercise TV). I’ve done it before, but not when I was actually strong enough to do all the moves completely – I was sweaty and refreshed at the end. Sabrina had a great suggestion for my knees – lots and lots of stretching. It sounds easy enough, so I’m going to give it a shot!
Breakfast was my recent obsession – super creamy soupy oats. I actually added a packet of Splenda today (we have them at the office), which made this perfectly sweet and delicious.
- 1/2 cup oats, 1.5 cups water, 1 cup of halved grapes
- 2/3 cup greek yogurt stirred in at the end
- 1 apple
I took my walk (1 hour) before lunch today and it actually started raining at the end! Just a slight drizzle – this is only the second time it’s rained here since April I think. It rained one other weekend in October. Lunch was pretty simple:
- 1 english muffin with smart balance and olallieberry jam
- eggplant parmesan with shredded rice cheeze (I think I used too much… definitely didn’t need it all, but I ate it anyway! It was very chewy and cheezy!)
- carrots and cauliflower with bbq sauce
- 1 apple (unpictured)
- 2 wraps, plain again!
- butternut squash fries (I went back for another serving about this size – my total was a little less than half of a whole squash)
- shirataki stirfry with eggplant, a plum, red pepper, veggie meat, carrot, cabbage, yellow plum tomatoes, and some rice vinegar – I had a bit more of this as well.
- 1 chopped apple with 1/2 cup of vanilla soy delicious ice cream and lots of cinnamon
- EDIT – to add 3/4 cup of Greek yogurt (Fage) with 1 tablespoon-ish of honey
We were going to carve the pumpkin tonight, but both of us are tired from work and we’re just snuggling on the couch instead. So now we have a huge pumpkin to do something with! Maybe we can eat it instead of carving… Or maybe we’ll just carve it after Halloween. It can be a Thanksgiving pumpkin. I still haven’t decided if I’m dressing up yet, but there are lots of festivities at work tomorrow and I have a super-cute bright orange skirt (Gap) that I’m going to wear. Happy Halloween! Enjoy your candy and treats!