Halloween Shenanigans

This morning I did a yoga video called “Cardio Burn Yoga” – it was about 30 minutes long.  The instructor was Patricia Moreno.  It was… okay.  I would have liked it to be a little more difficult/intense.  The last few minutes were really good – she finally ran through the whole routine that that video had been working towards – but I felt like I could have spent my 30 minutes doing something more productive.  I had meant to go running but it was raining, so I opted to stay inside and try the video instead.

Breakfast was the same as usual:

2 breakfast5 300x225 Halloween Shenanigans

• 1/2 cup oats, 1.5 cups water, 1 cup chopped grapes, and 2/3 cup greek yogurt stirred in at the end
  • an apple

I took a 40-minute walk today – there were Halloween festivities at the office that I wanted to watch so I came back early.  Some of the highlights were: a costume contest, a pumpkin carving contest, a pumpkin pie eating contest (!), an apple bobbing contest (you have to try to eat apples off of strings hanging from the ceiling with no hands), and just general hanging out.  I didn’t participate in the contests, but they certainly were fun to watch.

Lunch: (free Friday lunch from Specialty’s)

3 lunch1 300x225 Halloween Shenanigans1 english muffin 193x300 Halloween Shenanigans

• A nice big salad – lettuce, tomatoes, eggs, chicken chunks, mushrooms, peas, corn, artichoke hearts, beans (black, kidney, and chickpeas), carrots, scallions, and italian dressing – I went back for another plate
  • english muffin with smart balance and olallieberry jam
  • an apple

Snack:

6 banana wrap snack 300x225 Halloween Shenanigans5 persimmon 300x225 Halloween Shenanigans7 plum 300x225 Halloween Shenanigans

• 2 WW wraps and a banana (I sliced the banana in half and ate each half wrapped in a whole wrap – really good!)
  • persimmon
  • plum shared with Bobby

I came home from work around 4:30 and picked up candy on the way – Reese’s and Take 5′s!  I get good candy.  Unfortunately we got absolutely ZERO trick or treaters… so no one got to enjoy the awesomeness that was my candy selection.  But Bobby and I will! icon biggrin Halloween Shenanigans   Candy:

4 candy 300x225 Halloween Shenanigans

When I went out to get the candy I picked up a veggie pizza for $5 and popped it in the oven for dinner.

Dinner:

9 salad 300x225 Halloween Shenanigans8 pizza 300x225 Halloween Shenanigans

• totally humongous salad – romaine, turkey bacon, tomatoes, carrot, red pepper, celery, and a lot of TJ’s sesame ginger dressing – it poured out all at once accidentally.
  • very small slice of pizza

Dessert:

10 reeses 300x225 Halloween Shenanigans12 banana wrap dessert 300x225 Halloween Shenanigans13 apple 300x225 Halloween Shenanigans

• Reese’s!!!
  • WW wrap with a banana – I liked my afternoon snack so much that I thought it deserved a repeat…
  • an apple

And check out what I got in the mail today:

11 smores zbar 300x225 Halloween Shenanigans

Thank you so much RhodeyGirl!  I mentioned that I couldn’t find the Spooky S’Mores flavor and she was kind enough to mail me some.  I wish I had checked the mail before I ate my desserts icon smile Halloween Shenanigans   You’ll probably see them make an appearance tomorrow.

We had a great Halloween night, even with the lack of trick or treaters.  There’s always next year!  I hope you all had a safe and enjoyable night – what a great way to start the weekend.  Happy Halloween!

15 Comments on Halloween Shenanigans

1. Bobby (the boyfriend)
    31 October, 2008 at 9:01 pm (5 years ago)

Happy Halloween sweetie! I might have another Take 5 bar before I go to bed tonight. =D ……….or more plum. I can’t decide.

2. Erin
    31 October, 2008 at 10:10 pm (5 years ago)

I love that Bobby left you a comment! How sweet is he?!

3. Divya Vikram
    31 October, 2008 at 10:20 pm (5 years ago)

Happy Halloween!

4. Sharon
    31 October, 2008 at 11:22 pm (5 years ago)

It was really quiet for us too! So much candy left in the Halloween bowl! Strange, I wonder where all the kiddies went!

Happy Halloween!

5. allija
    31 October, 2008 at 11:30 pm (5 years ago)

We got like 10 trick or treaters – I was bummed! :(

That salad looks amazing – you have all the colors of the rainbow! :)

1 November, 2008 at 4:34 am (5 years ago)

Happy belated Halloween, Maggie!!!

7. caitlin
    1 November, 2008 at 5:22 am (5 years ago)

hahah i love your boyfriend’s commnet! too cute. the choice between candy or a plum is always hard.

8. HangryPants
    1 November, 2008 at 5:25 am (5 years ago)

No trick or treaters – how sad.

What kept you from entering the pumpkin pie eating contest? Just kidding – I like pumpkin pie, but a contest – grody!

9. gina
    1 November, 2008 at 6:47 am (5 years ago)

that’s too bad about the trick or treaters, but bonus for you getting to keep all the candy :D
    hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend!

10. mi
    1 November, 2008 at 7:30 am (5 years ago)

ah it was fate you didn’t get any visitors – these sweets obviously want to be eaten by you! your boyfriend definitely doesn’t seem to mind ;)

11. Biz
    1 November, 2008 at 7:51 am (5 years ago)

I am definitely going to have to take the leftover candy to work so my husband won’t continue to eat it!

Even knowing we get so few trick or treaters, he insisted on buying the jumbo bag of mixed M&Ms!

12. Melissa S.
    1 November, 2008 at 9:11 am (5 years ago)

Ah, sadness you didn’t have any trick or treaters! more of the good stuff for you and your boy then!! :D

13. jess
    1 November, 2008 at 10:53 am (5 years ago)

Hi! I’ve been following your blog for a while and must admit how impressed I am with your healthy balance and lifestyle. It’s really inspired me to try and achieve the same. I wanted to make sure it was alright that I added you to my ‘blogroll’ because I’ve Just started my own blog experiment extravaganza.

Hope you have a great november and I look forward to reading more!

-jess

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Halloween Shenanigans

Warning: call_user_func(comment_style) [function.call-user-func]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback in /home4/ke4mtg/public_html/thesaladgirl/wordpress/wp-includes/comment-template.php on line 1619