I did cardio yoga this morning before my dentist appointment (getting my permanent crown). It was painful and I had to get novocaine again. But she didn’t give me much and it wore off quickly. I hate teeth.
I was able to eat my yummy breakfast:
- 1/2 cup oats, 1 chopped plum, 1 strawberry Dannon 0% Plus
- 1 apple on the side
And I took my hour-long walk before…
Lunch: (something different today!)
I took this (from my nutrition professor!):
To make this:
- tofu shirataki noodles, 1 baby pumpkin, 1 apple, 2 pieces of turkey bacon, 2 small tomatoes, and balsamic vinegar
- 1 chopped plum
- 1 la tortilla factory whole wheat wrap
- 2.5 cups of orange cauliflower with TJ’s raspberry vinaigrette
- another WW wrap
Bobby stayed late at work today and I came home early (6pm) and cleaned. I vacuumed, cleaned the bathroom, cleaned out the recycling and trash, did the laundry, and dismantled this humongous crate that my dad sent us the Clavinova in (Clavinova = really nice Yamaha electric piano… UPS didn’t treat it so well though; we’re not sure if it’s okay yet because we have to fix the plug). I was so happy that I got all this done – I’m always on edge when my house isn’t sparkling and I haven’t been able to clean much at all this week.
There were leftovers from the veggie feast last night, so Bobby had those and I made myself another pumpkin dish – pumpkin-apple-stirfry! Yes, I know, another stirfry 🙂 But I switched up the spices and flavoring and it was a great meal.
- pumpkin, red pepper, egg whites, onion, carrot, celery, bacon bits, apple – seasoned with rice vinegar, pumpkin pie spice, and soy sauce – served over romaine lettuce
- chopped plum
- a few bites of veggie “beef” leftovers
Dessert/Snacks: (I know I eat most of my calories at night… this is what works for me. At some point in the future I think I’d like to eat more earlier, but… I stay up late. And I get hungry.)
- pumpkin, fage, honey (probably more than necessary – at least a tablespoon?), pumpkin pie spice, raspberry sauce, wheat germ
- apple with Red Raspberry Spread (no sugar added)
- I also snacked on some pumpkin when I put it away…
- dried lychees… and many sunflower seeds 😀
I got the raspberry spread at Marshalls last weekend. It’s delicious! And at only 10 calories per tablespoon I’m loving it. I got two jars so this should be around for a while.
I’m so excited for the weekend – we have absolutely nothing planned, and I want to relax and enjoy it! What are you all doing?
The title refers to how I’ve had the same stuff several days in a row. I’m ready for a change!
My knees have been bugging me lately – too much 30-day shred maybe? Anyway, this morning I relaxed with some Cardio Yoga before work. If you guys are looking for this video it’s on Exercise TV (OnDemand with Comcast). Go to OnDemand, then go to Sports & Fitness, then go to Exercise TV, and then it’s under Pilates & Yoga.
- 1/2 cup oats, grapes, Dannon 0% plus blueberry yogurt (I add the yogurt in after cooking, but the grapes go in halfway through)
Then I took my hour-long walk before…
- stirfry (eggplant, apple, onion, carrot, egg whites, red pepper, balsamic, soy sauce)
- another apple
I have had this same exact meal several times over the last few days. It’s just so simple – but I’m starting to get bored (enough that I’m willing to make a bigger effort to make lunch…). So expect something fun and different tomorrow!
- 2.5 cups cauliflower and TJ’s raspberry vinaigrette
- KFC coleslaw (leftovers from lunch that was ordered out)
Dinner: (at Garden Fresh vegetarian restaurant in Mountain View – I think it’s our new favorite restaurant)
- soup! – tofu, corn, carrots, peas, herbs… I think that was all?
- “beef” and broccoli with a brown sauce (steamed, sauce on the side) – I ate all the veggies and most of the “beef”.
- Bobby’s Mongolian “chicken” – I had multiple bites of this.
- a fresh tomato from my nutrition professor’s garden
- an apple from Gizdich Ranch that we visited this past weekend – so crunchy and fresh!
I’m off to get some baby carrots and yogurty-honey-mustard dip now. No pic, because I haven’t made it yet 🙂 Well, I had some baby carrots and dip, but then Fage & honey sounded better – so I had about 3/4 cup of Fage with a tablespoon of honey… ohh, heaven.
In nutrition today we learned about vegetarian/vegan diets and then we went on to talk about the impact that animal husbandry has on the environment. It’s a really interesting niche of nutrition. It reminded me of this talk that I saw a few months ago by Michael Pollan (I didn’t see it live, it’s online). Here’s the LINK if you’re interested. It’s about 17 minutes long, but a great talk if you have the time! Or even if you just watch part of it.
Happy almost Thursday! It’s practically the weekend 🙂
Yesterday I was featured in one of my favorite blogs, Back In Skinny Jeans. Check it out if you have a chance.
Yesterday was packed! I started off the morning with 30-Day Shred Level 1 (ExerciseTV). Then at work I made…
- 1/2 cup oats, some grapes, blueberry yogurt
These were the most amazing oats. I actually made them again today, so you’ll be seeing them again soon.
Before lunch I had my hour long walk, which was nice and relaxing.
- huge stirfry salad – eggplant, yellow pepper, romaine, tomato, onion, celery, balsamic, bacon bits, carrot, egg whites, apple
- 1 la tortilla factory wrap with some smart balance
- another wrap, and an apple
We went to a Jimmy Buffett concert last night at Shoreline and it was incredible. It was so fun and chill. We had lawn seats and we spread out a quilt and had dinner there. After we ate we chillaxed a little bit and then stood up and danced for a while. We left before the encore because we didn’t want to deal with the hassle of 10,000 people leaving all at once. We actually walked to and from the concert (2+ miles each way), so I got in some more exercise.
I didn’t have much time after work to figure out what to make for dinner, so I was boring and had the same stirfry I had for lunch, but with extra egg whites. See:
And an apple. (My mom made the quilt in the background! She’s really talented and I love getting quilts every time I visit her. I think if I ever have time that’s a hobby I’d like to start.) It’s one of the amazingly delicious ones that we got at the farm this weekend:
After we got back I had dessert:
- baby carrots and TJ’s raspberry vinaigrette
- 1 apple and 1.5 T peanut butter (I forgot how much I love PB – I’ve been stuck on AB for a while!)
- 1/2 cup of green tea soy ice cream – YUM – straight from the container.
It was a pretty awesome day. So today’s question – what was the best concert you’ve ever been to? Mine would probably be one of the Guster concerts that I’ve seen, but Jimmy last night was definitely in the top! Happy humpday everyone!
I got up early this morning (to leave work early for class) and did Cardio Yoga. I love it 🙂
- 1/2 cup oats, a splash of milk, 1 cup water
- 1/2 mashed banana
- 1/2 chopped apple
- 1.5 T wheat germ
Hour-long walk at lunch…
- leftover lentil soup (3/4 cup) with lots of added veggies (okra, eggplant, onions, carrot)
- chopped plum
- 2 cups of cauliflower with more lentil soup (3/4 cup or so)
- another 2.5 cups of red grapes
Nutrition was great. My professor knows about the blog and the way I eat and she gave me some very informative literature about food additives – which I don’t really have to worry about, because I don’t eat much processed foods – but that’s why she thought I might be interested 🙂 It’s a really good read, and if any of you have questions about a specific additive, just ask!
Poor Bobby is sick with something that we hope is NOT the flu, so I made him chicken and rice soup. It was actually really good, even though I completely made up the recipe on the spot. Maybe I’ll post it. I also made more apple crisp for us (but I added a pear this time too!).
All the beans I had today really filled me up, so I made a pretty light dinner for me…
- stirfry over lettuce (1 apple, 1 whole red pepper, carrot, onion, eggplant, bacon bits, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, celery)
But then it turned out that I really was hungry. So I had dessert times 2 – and then I kept sneaking the apples and pears out of the crisp, leaving Bobby with hardly anything BUT crisp:
- apple-pear crisp with soy ice cream (espresso and green tea flavors)
That’s my new Real Simple! I meant to read it while I was eating dessert but I kept getting distracted. And then I had to clean and do a bunch of other stuff so I still haven’t started it…
- 2 more medium apples
- terra chips… gahhh, why do I let Bobby get these? I can’t resist them.
I also made our lunches for tomorrow, and did the dishes, and took care of Bobby. And now I’m going to try to read my magazine. Hope you all had a wonderful Monday. I got some really great answers to my fruit question yesterday, so I’m happy! Thanks for all of your responses!
Last night’s snacks:
- an apple
- piece of buffalo jerky (really good! from TJ’s)
- a few Terra chips that Bobby was eating
This morning I got up and did KICKBOXING! And then Cardio Yoga. Awesomeness.
- 1.5 big pancakes with applesauce on top
- 1 slice of uncured organic turkey bacon (so good)
After breakfast Bobby and I lounged around for a while, deciding what we wanted to do. We ended up driving down to Watsonville (an hour away) with Griff to visit an apple farm – Gizdich Ranch. It was so fun! We bought some apples, took pictures, and walked around. I scored some no-sugar-added olallieberry jam made at the farm too 🙂
After the farm, Bobby worked at home and I ventured out to Whole Foods (again) and Milk Pail (local amazing grocery) and bought way too much produce. I don’t think we will need to shop for groceries ever, ever again.
- 2 fresh apples at the apple farm
- 1 whole wheat wrap with olallieberry jam (from Gizdich Ranch) and smart balance when we got home
- fruit samples at Whole Foods (2 pieces of mango, grapefruit, cantaloupe, I forget what else?)
- carnival squash fries & ketchup (went back for more)
- 1.5-2 cups of leftover lentil leek soup – topped with chopped tomatoes (and snuck a few bites from the pot too)
- homemade apple crisp with green tea and espresso soy ice cream (got both on sale at Whole Foods today)
As I made tomorrow’s lunches I also snacked on the rest of the squash fries and an apple… The apples we got today are so good. Which leads me to my question for the night – what’s your favorite fruit? And does it depend on the season?