This morning I went for a 4.4 mile run (about 42 minutes) – Bobby tagged along with me the first mile, so I ran slowly for that. When I got back I did some serious stretching (I stretched before too!), then we headed out to meet my friend Nina for breakfast. We went to Hobee’s in Mountain View. And they had an oatmeal bar – unlimited for $4.95! I was in heaven.
- oats, fruit, sliced almonds, raisins, cinnamon, and a bit of brown sugar
- another overflowing full bowl of fruit – honeydew and pineapple mainly – and some more raisins (unpictured)
I was really lazy this afternoon and didn’t do much of anything at all. There was a nap, and I put together my SmartSpin Storage System (cool organized tupperware in different sizes that all have the same lid size) that I got from Amazon. I also got some canisters from Amazon into which I want to put my dry foods (oatmeal, flour, sugar, etc…). I might do that later tonight. I also did 25 minutes of really relaxing yoga – just stretches and easy holds, nothing cardio at all.
Lunch/Snacks: (lazy afternoon…)
- WW wrap with smart balance and olallieberry jam
- an apple
- another WW wrap, with a banana
- handful of raisins (unpictured)
I decided to make my Blogger Secret Ingredient recipe for dinner tonight – a pear & crab salad – it was great! The flavor combos were really delicious and tangy. Bobby LOVED it. I adore crab, and the pear addition was awesome. I’ll post the recipe tonight.
- pear & crab salad (BSI) over lettuce, onions, red pepper & chopped cabbage
- butternut squash fries with organic ketchup
- more pear slices
- Spooky S’Mores Z-bar from Rhodey Girl
- another apple (EDIT: and another one! Dessert apple total: 2)
I’m munching on the apple now. It’s pretty delicious. I like ending my day with an apple. I like starting it that way too. I’m a big proponent of the saying “an apple a day keeps the doctor away” – only in my case it’s more like 4 apples a day! What is your favorite healthy habit and/or saying?