Bobby and I are going to try to do Kath’s Great Thanksgiving Challenge!
- spend $126 on groceries between yesterday and Thanksgiving, including Thanksgiving dinner
- whatever is in the house already is fair game
- 1 night out per week not included
- Bobby gets to buy lunch once a week without counting it (because I get free lunch from work on Fridays)
- my dad is visiting us this coming weekend (Thursday through Monday morning) so we will have to buy food for him as well for a few days
- Bobby and I are going to Miami for 4 days next week, and we won’t have to buy any food those days (next Thursday through Monday morning)
- we are hosting our own Thanksgiving dinner, so we will have to get a decent amount of food for that… we’re buying a Tofurky meal and having a few other things, which I’ll post about eventually.
This is what’s in my fridge right now (the last time we shopped was on Thursday night):
- 13 eggs
- various fake meats & turkey bacon
- shirataki tofu noodles
- orange juice
- some veggies – plum tomatoes, lettuce, 1 eggplant, 2 red peppers, a few carrots, apples
- whole wheat wraps, regular tortilla wraps
- yogurt (Fage 0%)
- peanut butter, almond butter, bbq sauce, various other sauces and jams
And the freezer:
- soy ice cream
- lots of bagels
- chicken sausages
- various fake meats
- frozen seafood (shrimp and an assorted bag)
And we also have food in the pantry – pasta, oatmeal, nuts, bars, etc… And I have a bunch of fruit in my fruit bowl (more apples, persimmons, and pears). I also have 3 acorn squash, 2 butternut squash, a weird squash that I don’t know the name of, and 2 pumpkins.
At first I thought this challenge would be impossible, but after looking at what we already have I think we have a very good chance of succeeding. Let’s see how it goes! Let me know if you join up!