Short week!

This morning I did Buns and Thighs Yoga before work. I really like this video. The instructor is Tom Morley if you’re interested.

Breakfast was a little bit different today – I’m out of Greek yogurt and I’m being cheap for the Thanksgiving Challenge, so I used the soy milk at work instead!  These were very very soupy oats, but I loved them.  I think I just love soup.  First I eat the broth and the banana chunks, then I’m left with nicely cooked oats, which I savor slowly.  I actually really like the soymilk instead of the yogurt.  And it’s vegan, which I’m always happy about.

1 breakfast2 300x225 Short week!

• 1/2 cup oats, 1.5 cups water, 1/2 banana – microwave for 1.5-2 minutes
  • 1/2 cup soymilk added at the end
  • an apple on the side

Lunch was a bunch of leftovers, but really good:

2 acorn squash 300x231 Short week!3 crab and pear salad 298x300 Short week!5 apple 300x225 Short week!

• 1/2 of an acorn squash rubbed with a little bit of olive oil and microwaved
  • filled with 1/2 cup of applesauce and the rest of my banana
  • leftover pear and crab salad from last night’s dinner
  • an apple

Snacks:

6 veggies 300x132 Short week!4 nuts 300x225 Short week!
  • carrots and cauliflower with TJ’s sesame soy ginger dressing
  • 1/2 cup various nuts (peanuts & cashews)

I needed a substantial snack to get me through Bobby’s band practice tonight (I went to watch) because I knew I wouldn’t get to eat dinner until after 9.  The nuts did the trick – and I was glad to get in more healthy fats.  I had another honeycrisp while I was there:

7 honeycrisp 300x225 Short week!

I take back what I said before. This honeycrisp was superb.

Dinner:

8 eggplant 300x225 Short week!9 popcorn 300x225 Short week!10 honeycrisp 300x225 Short week!

• sweet and sour eggplant stirfry topped with pear & crab salad
  • popcorn (about 5 tablespoons unpopped topped with a cheese flavour sprinkle thing)
  • another honeycrisp… I’m now addicted.

I can’t wait until Thursday to go to Miami!  I’m very excited.  Have a great night icon smile Short week!

EDITED TO ADD: another 1/2 cup of cashews.  I’m feeling a lil snacky tonight.

9 Comments on Short week!

1. jess
    11 November, 2008 at 12:12 am (6 years ago)

How do you like Tom Morely as an instructor? I don’t have any videos, but I just discovered yogadownload.com and am loving it!

Does the soupyness of your oats cause them to be lukewarm?

How exciting that you get to go to Miami!! I’ve never been, yay for short weeks!!

I’m glad you enjoyed the honeycrisp this time. What is it they say? Try something at least 6 times before you give up on it? I’m not sure that I quite have the patience for SIX separate occasions, but I’ll give it 2 or 3 ;)

2. Sharon
    11 November, 2008 at 9:38 am (6 years ago)

That sounds so exciting to be able to go Miami! I have been in a snacking mood lately, but I think its because I am surrounded by an abundance of.. food! LOL
    Hahah, using soy milk at work? I heart soy milk!

3. admin
    11 November, 2008 at 11:24 am (6 years ago)

jess – I love Tom Morley – he’s so good. I would definitely try his videos :)

The soupyness doesn’t really make them lukewarm – I actually like to wait until they cool off before I eat them though. Usually when they get out of the microwave they are really really hot so adding cold soy milk or yogurt doesn’t do much to cool them off. Though if you do want really hot oats you could heat up the soy milk before adding it.

4. AlliJag
    11 November, 2008 at 1:09 pm (6 years ago)

MM – that TJ’s dressing looks fabulous – I’ll have to buy it next time I’m out there!

11 November, 2008 at 3:26 pm (6 years ago)

LOOOOVE honeycrisps.

Soooo envious that you’ll be in Miami – it’s only 30°F here!! Enjoy the nice weather for me, please!!! :-)

6. Erin
    11 November, 2008 at 4:40 pm (6 years ago)

I’m so glad you went honeycrisp! Hopefully you’ll be able to find them on sale in the future – they’re 2 freakin’ 99 here!
    Do we get a video of Bobby’s band? :)

7. HangryPants
    11 November, 2008 at 6:52 pm (6 years ago)

Never had a honeycrisp.

Yeah Bobby’s band in video. Bring it.

Love that popcorn was part of dinner. :D

8. eatingbender
    11 November, 2008 at 7:57 pm (6 years ago)

Hm…I’m digging this soup concept of yours. I think it would be pretty cool to add a little extra almond milk and be able to enjoy the oats for even longer! Thanks!

SO cool that Bobby is in a band – I want a video, too ;)

9. Tiffany
    12 November, 2008 at 9:39 am (6 years ago)

Hi! Tiffany from Chobani here…I noticed that you are a fan of Greek Yogurt and was curious if you have tried the Chobani Greek Yogurt? I would love to send you over some samples to try. Just email me at Tiffany.gray@chobani.com and let me know where I can send them to.