This morning I did Buns and Thighs Yoga before work. I really like this video. The instructor is Tom Morley if you’re interested.
Breakfast was a little bit different today – I’m out of Greek yogurt and I’m being cheap for the Thanksgiving Challenge, so I used the soy milk at work instead! These were very very soupy oats, but I loved them. I think I just love soup. First I eat the broth and the banana chunks, then I’m left with nicely cooked oats, which I savor slowly. I actually really like the soymilk instead of the yogurt. And it’s vegan, which I’m always happy about.
- 1/2 cup oats, 1.5 cups water, 1/2 banana – microwave for 1.5-2 minutes
- 1/2 cup soymilk added at the end
- an apple on the side
Lunch was a bunch of leftovers, but really good:
- 1/2 of an acorn squash rubbed with a little bit of olive oil and microwaved
- filled with 1/2 cup of applesauce and the rest of my banana
- leftover pear and crab salad from last night’s dinner
- an apple
- carrots and cauliflower with TJ’s sesame soy ginger dressing
- 1/2 cup various nuts (peanuts & cashews)
I needed a substantial snack to get me through Bobby’s band practice tonight (I went to watch) because I knew I wouldn’t get to eat dinner until after 9. The nuts did the trick – and I was glad to get in more healthy fats. I had another honeycrisp while I was there:
I take back what I said before. This honeycrisp was superb.
- sweet and sour eggplant stirfry topped with pear & crab salad
- popcorn (about 5 tablespoons unpopped topped with a cheese flavour sprinkle thing)
- another honeycrisp… I’m now addicted.
I can’t wait until Thursday to go to Miami! I’m very excited. Have a great night
EDITED TO ADD: another 1/2 cup of cashews. I’m feeling a lil snacky tonight.