Feels like a Thursday

Tomorrow is my last day of work for the week!  We head out to Miami early Thursday morning.

This morning I went on a nice 3.2 mile run – took about 26-27 minutes.  I got back and did yoga on my own for about 15 minutes to cool down.

Once I got to work I had the same breakfast as yesterday:

3 breakfast2 300x225 Feels like a Thursday

• 1/2 cup oats, 1/2 banana, almost 2 cups water – microwaved for 2 minutes
  • 1/2 cup soy milk stirred in at the end
  • 1 apple on the side

I want to say again how much I like soupy oats.  They take forever to eat, and they are very filling.  I took an hour-long walk before lunch.  Then I came back and had:

1 sammie nuts apple 300x225 Feels like a Thursday2 cauliflower 300x225 Feels like a Thursday

• open-faced sammie on WW bread – 1 piece of turkey bacon, sliced apple, and rice cheeze
  • cauliflower with Trader Minh’s dressing
  • less than 1/4 cup of cashews
  • another apple

And for a snack:

7 snack apple zbar 300x225 Feels like a Thursday

• a honeycrisp apple
  • Apple Cinnamon Z-Bar

I didn’t get home from work until after 7.  I guess having a short week has its downsides, too.  I made a quick dinner of veggies and egg whites:

4 stirfry ketchup 300x225 Feels like a Thursday5 fruit bowl 300x225 Feels like a Thursday

• 2 egg whites, carrot, green pepper, onion, garlic, cabbage, apple, soy sauce, cinnamon, cumin, garlic powder, chili powder, and Asian 5-spice powder, all sauteed in a smidge of sesame oil
  • topped with yummy organic ketchup
  • some fruit (Asian pear and apple) on the side

Dessert:

6 cracker and apple 300x225 Feels like a Thursday

• a Kavli cracker with smart balance and olallieberry jam
  • a honeycrisp apple… oh I adore them.

I have a big assignment due tomorrow for nutrition, so that’s what I’m working on tonight.  I’m only auditing the class, but my professor said I was welcome to turn the assignment in anyway.  I have to record everything I eat for 3 days and enter it into FitDay.com for an analysis.  Fun!  I want to see how I’m doing with respect to getting all the nutrients that I need.  I’ll let you know if I find anything interesting.

The question of the night is: Mac or PC? I’m a Mac girl.  I switched a little over a year ago.  Bobby actually works for Microsoft… but in the Mac division!  He works on Office for Mac.  His home computer is a Mac too – we got ours at the same time.

18 Comments on Feels like a Thursday

1. Sharon
    11 November, 2008 at 11:02 pm (5 years ago)

I like a PC.. Well, because I grew up with it. We had Macs at school, but they would be breaking down all the time and they weren’t that savvy. So, really, from the get-go, I had a bad experience with Macs. Hence why, I like PC’s more!

2. Moran
    12 November, 2008 at 2:32 am (5 years ago)

I have used Microsoft all my life, but have been told over and over again that Mac is just better. I am trying to use my friend’s occassionaly but its so hard for me to get used to! Maybe some day

3. Peggy
    12 November, 2008 at 2:38 am (5 years ago)

MACS RULES!!!! I am in my forties and was warned by everyone that I could never adjust to a MAC. Wrong. My Mac Book is very intuitive and it doesn’t crash every couple of days like my old PC.

12 November, 2008 at 5:49 am (5 years ago)

Lovely eats!!

MACBOOK REIGNS SUPREME!!!!! I love my MacBook Air :-)

Enjoy your last day before MIAMI!!!! So exciting.

5. Lee (seelivelee)
    12 November, 2008 at 8:08 am (5 years ago)

AHHHHAYAYAYAYYYA!! Sorry for my Spaz Attack, but for some reason, your dinner is what I am craving. I have seen egg whites with ketchup all over blog world and I NEED SOME!!!! I put your little simple yet yummy lookin’ din din in my “to-make” folder when I get back home with a stove!! <3 thanks!

6. Meghann
    12 November, 2008 at 9:31 am (5 years ago)

I am SUPER jealous of your short week! Have funin Miami! That’s actaully hwere my Bro is in med school at the moment.

And as much as I wish I were a Mac girl, I am sadly a PC one. Macs are just soooo expensive!

7. gina (fitnessista)
    12 November, 2008 at 9:41 am (5 years ago)

turkey bacon, apple and cheese is soooo good :D
    have a blasty in miami!!!
    i’ve always been a pc girl
    have a great day

8. Hil
    12 November, 2008 at 11:11 am (5 years ago)

That sandwich looks so good. Well done!

I’m a PC girl. I find PCs a bit more intuitive and if they break, my computer saavy, PC-using husband knows how to fix them. If I had a mac, I would be on my own!

9. Biz
    12 November, 2008 at 11:58 am (5 years ago)

You lost me at the organic ketchup! My sister loves ketchup, I love mustard!

10. Sagan
    12 November, 2008 at 1:13 pm (5 years ago)

I love food that lasts longer. Soupy oatmeal can be good stuff!

And I did the FitDay thing for my nutrition class too- it was fun! And you learn so much about what/how much you eat.

11. AlliJag
    12 November, 2008 at 2:18 pm (5 years ago)

That sammie looks delish – but I always think anything with cheese looks great!

Nice job – morning run AND lunch walk :)

12. Tina
    12 November, 2008 at 2:29 pm (5 years ago)

I agree! But, seriously, why can’t it BE Thursday now!

13. Erin
    12 November, 2008 at 5:24 pm (5 years ago)

I love how you eat a zillion apples a week. I’m old-school PC!

14. Erica
    12 November, 2008 at 5:49 pm (5 years ago)

Yayyyyyyyy for your trip! How exciting! I’m a PC girl!

15. HangryPants
    12 November, 2008 at 8:46 pm (5 years ago)

I’ve only had MACS!

I love oats. I need to try mine as soupy as yours!

16. emily
    12 November, 2008 at 9:41 pm (5 years ago)

That sandwich looks pretty awesome, I’ve been craving turkey bacon! I’m a PC girl all the way. I always wanted to be a Mac person (especially after that horror movie with lelie sobieski, the glass something…) but I get too confused!

17. eatingbender
    12 November, 2008 at 9:45 pm (5 years ago)

Have fun in Miami! I am definitely a Mac girl – I converted once I got to college, and will never look back!

18. Olive
    13 November, 2008 at 2:07 am (5 years ago)

Hi there! I’ve been following your blog for a while now and just started my own– check it out! your’e on my blogroll! <3