At Bobby’s parents’ house

So far the trip is going incredibly well.  The only downside is that we are both realizing how much we miss our families!  I think eventually we will probably end up back on the east coast.

After I posted yesterday at the airport I had more apples and random bites of things that I’d brought.  I didn’t take pictures.

Last night Bobby’s mom prepared an amazing dinner.  She’s a wonderful cook.  The first course was Stone Crab:

6 stone crab 300x225 At Bobbys parents house

The next course was salad (times 3) – Caesar with chickpeas:

7 salad 300x225 At Bobbys parents house

And then we had Japanese Kare (curry) – I went back for seconds on the curry but didn’t have much of the rice:

8 kare 300x225 At Bobbys parents house

My desserts were a whole bunch of grapes (more than pictured) and a dove chocolate:

9 grapes 300x225 At Bobbys parents house10 dove chocolate 300x268 At Bobbys parents house

And I’m going to run through today’s eats quickly too because it’s getting late…

Breakfast was 1 cup Fiber 1, 1 cup blueberry yogurt, 1/2 cup blueberries, and a strawberry:

1 breakfast3 300x225 At Bobbys parents house

Bobby’s mom and I split a persimmon before lunch:

5 persimmon 300x225 At Bobbys parents house

Lunch was yudofu (soft tofu soup), salad, and miso soup:

2 salad miso soup 300x225 At Bobbys parents house3 yudofu 300x225 At Bobbys parents house

Snack (honeycrisp apple):

4 apple2 300x225 At Bobbys parents house

Frozen yogurt (strawberry and plain with strawberry topping) shared with Bobby:

6 frozen yogurt 300x225 At Bobbys parents house

Dinner was a whole bunch of seafood (I did finish all of this) in a delicious garlicky olive oil white wine sauce.  It was actually quite light.  I also had a few bites of Bobby’s pumpkin ravioli.  Yum!

7 seafood 300x225 At Bobbys parents house

We saw Quantum Solace after dinner – it was okay.

When we got back we were pretty hungry.  Bobby got Taco Bell but I wanted something yummier – so I had a lot of these delicious amazing Japanese vegetables that Bobby’s mom made.  Imagine this, but times at least 3.  It had this spicy dressing with a bit of sesame oil.  So good.  And I had some grapes.

8 japanese veggies grapes 300x225 At Bobbys parents house

Then we shared a honeycrisp apple and more grapes.

9 apple grapes 300x225 At Bobbys parents house

And now I’m still having more grapes.  Today was pretty awesome, foodwise.  I’m having a great time here.  Tomorrow we’re having a small party and I’m sure the food will be delicious icon smile At Bobbys parents house  Have a great weekend!  What are your plans?

14 Comments on At Bobby’s parents’ house

1. Moran
    15 November, 2008 at 1:05 am (6 years ago)

Oh my all the food looks so good! Have a great weekend and enjoy your time with the family!

2. Erin
    15 November, 2008 at 5:29 am (6 years ago)

I’m so glad you’re having a blast. I bet it does make you guys miss your families, though. Your food looks beautiful! This wknd will be pretty low-key on my end. I’m going into work today and probably grocery shopping tonight, then chillin’ with the hubs tomorrow. :)

15 November, 2008 at 6:02 am (6 years ago)

Hooray for an incredible trip so far!!! Keep it up!!!

Believe me, I understand the whole “missing my family” complex – this is why I LOVE traveling with my family, haha :-D

GORGEOUS EATS!!

4. gina (fitnessista)
    15 November, 2008 at 7:37 am (6 years ago)

what a beautiful collection of eats! bobby’s mom IS an amazing cook!
    look at that crab! yum
    enjoy the rest of your trip!

5. Bridget
    15 November, 2008 at 7:59 am (6 years ago)

Looks like your having a great time!! Bobby’s mom seems like a great cook, all that yummy food! I love crab!!

6. Meghann
    15 November, 2008 at 9:10 am (6 years ago)

Glad you’er having a great time in Miami!

7. Biz
    15 November, 2008 at 9:40 am (6 years ago)

The seafood, especially the stone crab, looks amazing!

Today I’ll be stacking wood so that I can have extra butter for king crab fest at my neighbors house tonight!

8. Joanna
    15 November, 2008 at 12:26 pm (6 years ago)

you have definitely been having some good eats lately. i’ve been on a grape juice and grape high lately. i am addicted to concord grape juice. the stuff’s amazing!

9. HangryPants
    15 November, 2008 at 12:42 pm (6 years ago)

So glad you’re enjoying the time with family. So, I am just curious. If you’re from N.J. and Bobby’s from Houston how did you meet and how did you end up in California?

10. Lindsay
    15 November, 2008 at 12:45 pm (6 years ago)

i hope you enjoy the rest of your trip!

11. K
    15 November, 2008 at 2:10 pm (6 years ago)

Looks like your trip is going well! Plus good food always helps too ;)

12. Sharon
    15 November, 2008 at 2:50 pm (6 years ago)

Love how Bobby wanted Taco Bell, but you wanted something yummier. And what you had was WAYYYY yummier! LOL

13. jess
    16 November, 2008 at 12:30 am (6 years ago)

WOW it looks like she’s an Awesome cook! Anything with more than one course is gourmet to me! Would you ever want to live on the east coast for reasons other than being closer to family? Family is super important, don’t get me wrong, I’ve just never been to the east coast and was wondering other awesome things about it!

Enjoy your VayCay!!!

14. Milka Fhernindez
    3 December, 2008 at 7:38 pm (6 years ago)

Hey!. I am going to check it, since I saw a comment in another site regarding \”At Bobby’s parents’ house\”. Someone related to white chocolate covered strawberries recipes. Thanks anyway.