This morning was yoga. My knees are bothering me again when I run – I need to find a nice soft trail! I’m pretty sure it’s the concrete that’s hard on my knees. I also walked for an hour during lunch.
I left my camera at home today, so I’m going to skip right to dinner for pictures… Breakfast was the usual soupy oats but with 2% milk (very nice and creamy) and lunch was a salad with chicken breast and a whole wheat wrap. Snacks included more wraps with smart balance and several honeycrisp apples. Nothing unusual.
Dinner was quite delicious:
- pizza topped with tomato, carrot, red pepper, eggplant, a chopped up veggie dog, and lots of rice cheeze (this was on a whole wheat wrap) – I did have the whole thing.
- a salad with shredded carrot, the leftover veggie topping that wouldn’t fit on my pizza, cucumber, cheddar cheese, and 1 T olive oil & 2 T vinegar dressing – I gave Bobby a small portion and ate the rest.
And then dessert:
- peach Chobani (delicious! I still like blueberry best) with a cup of rice krispies/cheerios, some applesauce, and 1/2 a banana
- a Braeburn apple (glad these are gone – I don’t like them)
- a few chips and a Hachiya persimmon
The persimmon was just okay. I bought this kind (Hachiya) instead of the kind I normally get (Fuyu) and they weren’t ripe. I’ve heard that you can freeze them and as soon as you unfreeze them they are ripe – and they were, kind of. They still had that terrible bitterness in a few bites though and I will NOT be buying these again. If you are interested in trying a persimmon, make sure you get the Fuyu variety. These can be eaten hard or soft, and are not bitter at all. They’re just delicious.
Thank you so much for all of the snacking advice! The main things I’m going to try – drinking tea and water, setting a stop time, and filling up on fruits. I usually do those things but sometimes I forget and go crazy with nuts, etc… Thanks again everyone 🙂
What are you excited about for the next week? I’m so happy it’s almost Thanksgiving! And I can’t wait to spend the weekend with my honey. We’re both very busy during the week so weekends are especially lovely.