The workweek is over and I’m relaxing. This morning started with a yogadownload.com mp3: Yoga for Runners #1. It was 25 minutes and a perfect to start my day.
When I got to work I made oats for breakfast, and this time I added nut butter for fullness – it worked. Sometimes people are curious about my soupy oats – I took this picture after I’d eaten some of the liquid. I love my oats this way, but everyone is different. I think the extra volume keeps me full longer (especially when I make soupy oats with Greek yogurt – uber-proteiny).
- 1/2 cup oats, 1.5 cups water, 1 banana, 1 tablespoon almond butter, 1/2 cup 2% milk added at the end
I did not get to take my walk today because it was raining and cold, and lunch came early. I was a little annoyed at first (I love my walks), but I did something later that made up for it. We got free lunch today since it’s a short week and they ordered Korean. I had a bunch of things:
- Jap Chae (clear noodles stirfried with veggies)
- Brown rice with random beans (partially hidden)
- seaweed salad (too oily for me, but really good – so I had more)
- bean sprouts
- tofu/cucumber/meat soup – I didn’t eat the meat pieces… I think they were beef.
I went back for seconds of all the veggies. This was a huge plate. I had an apple for dessert (unpictured).
Throughout the afternoon I snacked on the leftovers from lunch – more seaweed salad, sprouts, and jap chae (noodles).
Then, to make up for my lost walk – I did more yoga! I did the runners’ yoga again (25 minutes) and I also did the routine I did last night, power vinyasa flow (20 minutes). It’s amazing how much better you get at a routine after doing it once.
For dinner I wanted something sweet.
- half an acorn squash smeared with 1 tablespoon smart balance, microwaved then broiled for 5 minutes
- 1 whole apple, chopped and sauteed with cinnamon and a couple cups of cabbage
- sauce – 1/2 of a plain chobani mixed with 1/2 cup vanilla almond milk
And I made a mess for dessert with the leftover yogurt and some other goodies:
- other 1/2 plain Chobani, 2/3 cup almond milk, 1/2 very mushy banana, 1 chopped apple, and 1/2 cup cheerios
I also had a chopped apple just plain for snacking throughout the night (unpictured).
I am so excited for Thanksgiving. We are going over to our friends’ house and this is what I’m bringing:
- a Tofurkey
- roasted asparagus
- butternut squash fries (they’re buying the squash and I’m making it there – of course I’ll bring organic ketchup!)
I know this question has been asked before, but – What are you thankful for? The things that come to my mind right now are Bobby, my family, and yoga. The good thing is that I could go on, but I’ll spare you all :) Have a great night and enjoy tomorrow!