New month!

Last night I had this:

1 apple snack 300x225 New month!

And also another BSI muffin.  They are so good.

This morning I did yoga – Vinyasa power flow #3 – from yogadownload.com.  Such a great site.  Let me know if you check it out.

Breakfast at work was 1/2 cup oats, 3/4 cup soy milk, 1 cup water plus a splash, and 1 sliced banana.  The extra milk made it so creamy.

2 breakfast 300x225 New month!

Snack was a Chocolate Brownie Zbar (my favorite).  Then I did my walk.  I finished a book I got from the library on Saturday called The Day I Ate Whatever I Wanted: And Other Small Acts of Liberation by Elizabeth Berg.  It’s a bunch of short stories about life and doing what you want and being happy.  It’s really good and I definitely recommend it.

For lunch I made a salad (3/4 apple, 1 tomato, romaine, mushrooms, bacon bits, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and s&p):

4 lunch salad 300x225 New month!

And a delicious open-faced sandwich (thinly sliced chicken, vegan nacho cheese, sliced 1/4 of an apple) on this new bread that I got from Trader Joe’s – the brand is Alvarado Street Bakery.  They make great bread.

3 lunch sandwich 300x225 New month!

I had a nice big snack of a BSI muffin, a vanilla chobani, and an apple.  I crumbled up the muffin and stirred it into the yogurt… so good:

5 snack 300x225 New month!

And then when I came home I made dinner.  I gave the kelp noodles another try but I still don’t like them.  Tonight I mixed together the kelp noodles, veggies (carrot, tomato, onion), and I chopped up a big chunk of tofurkey.  I topped it with a soy sauce/vinegar/sugar dressing. I had to throw it out.

6 dinner kelp 300x225 New month!

I also made butternut squash fries again, and due to the kelp noodle failure, I mostly just had the fries with organic ketchup.

7 dinner butternut 300x225 New month!

For dessert I had 2 small fuyu persimmons and some grapes topped with a little more than 2/3 cup of lowfat ricotta cheese.  I am in love with this stuff.  I crumbled BSI muffins on top.

8 dessert 300x225 New month!

Bobby’s and my 3 year anniversary is this Wednesday – we still haven’t decided where to go out!  Any suggestions for type of food/cuisine?  What do you guys do to celebrate anniversaries?

27 Comments on New month!

1. Sharon
    1 December, 2008 at 9:39 pm (6 years ago)

How about Vietnamese food?! Haha, do you guys happen to remember the first restaurant you guys ever went to together? Maybe hit it up or try something completely different.

Anyhow, great eats for the day!

2. Pearl
    1 December, 2008 at 10:05 pm (6 years ago)

hey! have you tried rinsing the kelp noodles under running water for about 10 minutes and then boiling them? i heard it helps with the texture!

3. Madison
    1 December, 2008 at 10:16 pm (6 years ago)

hey! thanks for the comment on my blog =)! thats so cool you are from mountain view! i’m moving back to CA soon and i live about 10 minutes from there! what a small world lol!

ooh wow 3 years – congrats :D!

4. Kristie
    1 December, 2008 at 10:18 pm (6 years ago)

Everything in this post looks especially delicious!! Well, except for the flop of kelp noodles. Never heard of them before, I’m really curious…

Happy early anniversary!

2 December, 2008 at 2:58 am (6 years ago)

I tried a couple of workout from yogadownload.com, it’s good overall, the only problem is that I’m not used to those names of the asanas. Have you memorized all them or you check it out before you do the class?

Happy anniversary! I’m not good for ideas for celebration, but whatever you decide to you, let us to know so I got a new idea for my next anniversary! :)

6. mi
    2 December, 2008 at 5:07 am (6 years ago)

thank you for visiting my blog again!! so great to hear from you! i miss reading about your daily eats. HUGE congrats for your anniversary! amazing :) i’m sure it will be fantastic no matter what you decide to do :D

7. Lindsay
    2 December, 2008 at 5:19 am (6 years ago)

we always go to a hibachi since we had our first date there :)

that book sounds great!

2 December, 2008 at 5:36 am (6 years ago)

Hooray for yoga and lots of delicious eats.

So exciting about your anniversary!!! I loooove Italian and Middle Eastern cuisines!! :-)

9. Joanna
    2 December, 2008 at 5:49 am (6 years ago)

hey girl!! i love tofurkey too! i haven’t tried the actual big turkey, but i’ve had the turkey slices. i eat them with mustard.

as for an anniversary meal, i’d say a fun restaurant is benihana. i don’t know if you have one where you live, but it’s a japanese place where they cook on a stovetop in front of you. those places are always so fun and the chefs are usually pretty cool.

10. Charlie Hills
    2 December, 2008 at 6:39 am (6 years ago)

I like the open faced sandwich. I have something like that nearly every day. Of course, I put bad stuff on mine!

11. K
    2 December, 2008 at 8:02 am (6 years ago)

Your yogurt and muffin snack just killed me! Yay for squash fries :D

12. BeeBeeRab
    2 December, 2008 at 8:58 am (6 years ago)

I have tried eating kelp noodles as noodle soup instead of following the instructions on the package. I rinsed the noodles, and just threw it in with some veggie broth, veggies, and cracked an egg. The texture of the kelp noodles boiled in a broth is like vermicelli… Just slurp. However, I always get tummy problems after I eat it, so I’ve definitely cut back.

13. Julia (Santa Barbara Dreaming)
    2 December, 2008 at 9:06 am (6 years ago)

Thanks so much foe the email yesterday! Good for you about giving kelp noodles another try; I always think every food deserves a second chance to redeem themselves! ;) But too bad they were still gross. Oh well.
    I love yogadownload.com!!! Pretty much my new obsession! I really like Dawnelle’s classes!

14. HangryPants
    2 December, 2008 at 10:25 am (6 years ago)

Happy Anniversary!

Do you have to sign up for yogadownloads? One reason I like yogatoday is that you don’t have to sign up or anything.

15. Tina
    2 December, 2008 at 12:38 pm (6 years ago)

Happy anniversary!

Do you happen to have a fondue place near you? The Melting Pot, for instance, is very romantic! Also, any sort of tapas restaurant is usually a fun date night! :)

16. Catherine
    2 December, 2008 at 12:47 pm (6 years ago)

Hmmm I’ve never tried kelp noodles. They sound interesting, but that’s too bad they didn’t taste very good.

We usually switch it up for anniversary dinners although I think the last few were at sushi restaurants because we both have a slight obsession. Habachi dinners are always incrediby fun too!! I love when they flick the piece of egg into your mouth in the begining

17. Biz
    2 December, 2008 at 2:04 pm (6 years ago)

Love the apple/cheese combo – you reminded me that I haven’t had that in a while!

We go all out for our anniversary – usually a big dinner (by big I mean $$$!) and priceline a 4 star hotel. Our 8th anniversary is December 22 – yahoo!

18. Erin
    2 December, 2008 at 2:15 pm (6 years ago)

Happy early anniversary!
    We almost always cook dinner together and go out for DESSERT! Then we watch movies and stuff.

19. Michelle
    2 December, 2008 at 2:44 pm (6 years ago)

I’ll have to try that book! Sounds good!

Congrats on your anniversary! We love Italian food, so we went to a local Italian place for our anniversary this year. I always look for the best restaurant setting (quiet, romantic, etc.). Whatever you decide to do, enjoy your time together!

20. Sagan
    2 December, 2008 at 3:53 pm (6 years ago)

Love the french fries!

Good luck on figuring out the anniversary thing:)

21. Amy
    2 December, 2008 at 7:28 pm (6 years ago)

Love the eats today! So delicious :)
    Congrats & Happy Anniversary! That’s amazing. What a lucky couple…hmm, I hope you have fun wherever you go!

22. Hil
    2 December, 2008 at 9:10 pm (6 years ago)

Happy anniversary! This year, the husband and I went to see a glass museum with live glass-blowing for our anniversary. It was really fun and different and we got to bring home a souvenir. Then we went out to dinner at a favorite seafood restaurant.

23. Kelly Olexa
    2 December, 2008 at 11:26 pm (6 years ago)

Doesn’t Trader Joes have the best stuff? They also have their own brand of Ezekiel bread; have you tried that?

24. Tamala Nansteel
    22 November, 2010 at 6:06 am (4 years ago)

Thanks for that, and for anyone that is having trouble chopping onions without the tears, here’s an incredibly easy tip – put them in the fridge for a few hours, then chop them straight away after taking them out! No more tears! I found some more onion soup recipes here if anyone wants to try some more variations.

3Pingbacks & Trackbacks on New month!