Lovely day

I had a lovely anniversary day.  I woke up yesterday morning and did 25 minutes of runners’ yoga from yogadownload.com.

I went to work and made my favorite oats - 1/2 cup oats, 1/2 cup water, 1 cup soy milk (for extra creaminess), 1 whole banana.  I wanted more creaminess today so I cooked the oats with half of the soy milk instead of adding it all in at the end (so that I could decrease the water).  The banana was bigger than I thought and these held me all the way through my hour-long walk to lunch.

1 breakfast 300x224 Lovely day

Lunch was a huge salad.  I almost couldn’t fit it in the container – I had to mush everything down.  This included romaine, 1/2 an apple, broccoli, mushrooms, onions, carrot, a whole tomato, a big chunk of tofurkey chopped up, and topped with balsamic vinegar (lots), a scant tablespoon of olive oil, s&p, and oregano!  Lots of stuff.  it was great.

2 lunch 300x224 Lovely day

I also had 2 pieces of toast with smart balance.  I put the smart balance on this morning and toasted them before I ate.  Very good.

And I had an apple on the side (unpictured, because I eat so many apples and you all know what they look like).  It was a honeycrisp.  Thanks girls, for getting me hooked on the most expensive apple known to man.

For snack I had another apple and my favorite zbar – chocolate brownie!  I also had a walnut BSI muffin (old pic).

3 snack zbar apple 300x224 Lovely day6 muffins 300x225 Lovely day

For our anniversary dinner we went to Cheesecake Factory where I got my most favorite salad ever – their humongous vegetable chopped salad.  It had chunks of cheese, asparagus, apple, edamame, beets, green beans, tomato, cucumber, and radicchio.  I asked for Sesame Soy dressing on the side and topped it with fresh ground pepper.  SO GOOD.

5 cheesecake salad 300x224 Lovely day

I also had a lot of the amazing bread that Cheesecake is famous for… multiply this by at least 4.  I had about 1.5 of those big pieces that come to the table (2 at a time… but we asked for more).  I topped the bread with nice fresh butter.  Both of us are obsessed with the brown bread at Cheesecake factory and we always have to keep asking for more of it.

4 cheesecake bread 300x224 Lovely day

We shopped for a bit and Bobby bought me some things (pajama pants, a tank top, a bra, goodies at Williams Sonoma – pumpkin towels and pumpkin butter), then we went to Safeway to get materials for sundae making.

I found Vitamuffins!  Well the Vitabrownies anyway.  Bobby and I split a brownie and I topped mine with white chocolate yogurt (1 cup), frozen mango, and lots of whipped cream.   I adore whipped cream.  So much that I had to have more with some additional frozen mango.  This was the best dessert I’ve had in a while!

6 anniversary dessert 300x224 Lovely day7 second dessert 300x224 Lovely day

After dessert I had a few more bites of the brown bread that we brought home from the restaurant.  I think this is my absolute favorite bread.

Bobby’s away on business today and tomorrow so I have no idea what I’m doing tonight.  What are your weekend plans?

18 Comments on Lovely day

4 December, 2008 at 11:03 am (5 years ago)

Sooooo lovely, indeed – you two are wonderful :-)

Weekend plans = more group projects, more paper-writing… trying to get better, since I’m ill. Hope your weekend will be better than mine!!

2. Pearl
    4 December, 2008 at 11:13 am (5 years ago)

happy anniversary!!!!
    what does that brown bread taste like? what makes it brown?

3. Moran
    4 December, 2008 at 11:17 am (5 years ago)

Oh what an awesome anniversary celebration!

4. Olga
    4 December, 2008 at 11:41 am (5 years ago)

I love the Cheesecake Factory! when I went there, it was the first time in my life that I actually couldn’t finish a piece of dessert without feeling like I was going to die =]

What a nice date! Your salad and dessert look fab!

I think I might go to a concert or to a movie this weekend. I also have this dance thing this Saturday… Have a lovely weekend (I know it’s only Thursday but I’m hopeful)

5. Catherine
    4 December, 2008 at 12:28 pm (5 years ago)

Aww that sounds like such a sweet anniversary celebration!! This weekend I am hoping to put a dent in my holiday baking (I make the cookie dough and then freeze it for using closer to the actual day), do some Christmas crafts (ornament making, etc.) and then I have a brunch date with a friend!

6. Erin
    4 December, 2008 at 12:55 pm (5 years ago)

Yay! What a fun anni!

7. Sagan
    4 December, 2008 at 1:47 pm (5 years ago)

Sounds like a really great day!

Wish we had a Cheesecake Factory where I live… am jealous:)

8. Tina
    4 December, 2008 at 1:57 pm (5 years ago)

Mmmm… Cheesecake Factory! I haven’t been to one in ages!

4 December, 2008 at 3:12 pm (5 years ago)

it seems a perfect day for the anniversary. I think if two people are in love, whatever they do together is perfect, because the date is the person and not the place, not what you’re doing. So, a normal day, a good eat, and spend more time with the other is the perfect anniversary. From what I can see, you had it perfect!

weekend plan=buy gifts for my parents and bf.

10. Joanna
    4 December, 2008 at 3:26 pm (5 years ago)

your food always looks so good. what kind of muffins are those? they look nice and chunky.

the brown bread at cheesecake factory is amazing!! i love their eggplant sandwich. i am just shocked that you didn’t get their best dish of all: CHEESECAKE!

11. Amy
    4 December, 2008 at 6:01 pm (5 years ago)

So glad you had a nice anniversary! I loveee love love Cheesecake Factory’s brown bread…it is so amazingly delicious! Their salads are great too.

OOH you got Williams Sonoma’s pumpkin butter? I have it and its great!

Have a good night :)

12. ChocolateCoveredVegan
    4 December, 2008 at 6:09 pm (5 years ago)

Hey thanks for adding me to your blogroll! I don’t know how you aren’t already on mine, but I’m going to take care of that the next time I update!

13. K
    4 December, 2008 at 7:27 pm (5 years ago)

I have ate at the cheesecake factory numerous times but for some reason I don’t think I’ve ever had this infamous bread! I am MISSIN’ OUT!

14. Madison
    4 December, 2008 at 8:13 pm (5 years ago)

SOunds like a wonderful anniversary!! You are a very cute couple =)

And I MISS Safeway!!!! Hehe it was the grocery store I always went to =P

15. eatingbender
    4 December, 2008 at 8:15 pm (5 years ago)

Happy Belated Anniversary!! I’m so glad that you and Bobby enjoyed your day :) Yay for Bobbys!!

I, too, am obsessed with that brown bread! Seriously – I wish that they SOLD that stuff in the grocery store, but I’ve never been able to replicate it! And CF salads are very yummy – what a fun night!

16. Sharon
    4 December, 2008 at 8:45 pm (5 years ago)

Yah for goodies from Williams Sonoma! You lucky girl!

17. HangryPants
    4 December, 2008 at 9:30 pm (5 years ago)

Sonds like you two had a great night!!! Best thing at Cheesecake is the brown bread!

18. credability
    16 October, 2012 at 3:50 am (2 years ago)

So delicious. How did you do that? I want to learn.