This morning I woke up to do a quickie yoga routine. I found this new site by an instructor named Eion Finn. Cool name right? That link has a bunch of free podcasts ranging from 25 minutes to 1.5 hours. I have done one 25-minute and I liked it a lot. It’s not as vigorous as some of the yogadownload.com sessions, but it is still a decent workout. It’s perfect for gently waking up or a nighttime practice.
- 1 cup of raspberry lowfat yogurt
- 1 hot vitabrownie
- (mashed together)
- 1 apple
After breakfast I went for a walk (1 hour, first finishing my book – Love the One You’re With by Emily Giffin – and then on the phone with momma then dada).
- 2 large plates of Greek salad (with feta): sliced tomatoes, romaine, hot peppers, onions, and other typical Greek salad toppings.
- No dressing (feta was enough)
- Apple on the side
- Another apple (3 for the day…)
- Warmed Chocolate Brownie Zbar (I think I have Zbars every day. They are too good.)
After work I did a 1.5 hour Ashtanga yoga class! I took the same class on Wednesday after work as well. The teacher is fantastic and I love it. I might buy a membership to this studio. For now I just bought 10 classes that expire in a year. The studio is Yoga is Youthfulness in downtown Mountain View. My teacher is Mojdeh. Her main critique of my self-taught yoga was that I need to learn to tame my flexibility.
For dinner I had to cook up a squash that was starting to mold. I cut off the small part that had the mold and baked it up into squash fries. I made a meal of it, topped with organic ketchup. Bobby had food that I brought home from work today – Greek stuff.
- 2 apples (is this seriously 5 apples in a day)
- A couple T of peanut butter. I think peanut butter will always be my favorite nut butter. I do enjoy almond butter and I have a gigantic jar in my fridge, but in the end – every time I have PB I reconfirm it as the best.
Like my spoon? I got it at Crate&Barrel. I also got a cute blue appetizer spoon. The bowl is from there too.
Bobby and I are watching Amelie now. It’s one of our favorites. I adore French, Italian, and German movies because I speak those languages (at diff levels).