Holidays, parties, desserts OH MY!

Don’t forget to enter the Pecan Pumpkin Butter Giveaway!  You have until Wednesday (12/17/08) at 9pm PST to leave a comment.

Yesterday we went to two holiday parties – Bobby’s (for Microsoft) and mine!  We went to mine first (they started at the same time), but things hadn’t picked up 1.5 hours into the party, so we decided to head over to Bobby’s.  We were planning on going back to mine after Bobby’s was over, but we didn’t really have the energy when the time came.  Here’s my outfit:

6 me 224x300 Holidays, parties, desserts OH MY!

Bobby’s company rented out this huge building and had a themed event with lots of awesome multicultural food.  At this point I’d just been snacking on veggies and guac (at mine) so we decided to eat.  I got lots of veggie curry (mushrooms, potatoes, carrots, chickpeas) and this tropical fruit salad (pineapple, avocado (!), melons, mango, and some light creamy sauce).  I went back for lots of plates.

I wasn’t really planning on having desserts because they were all really sugary, but that plan went out the window after I had my first bite of chocolate cherry brownie.  I think I must have consumed at least a day’s worth of calories in desserts, but… it was worth it.  I usually eat so well that I think it’s okay to splurge once in a while.  I did wake up feeling sick and sweaty in the middle of the night, so I don’t think I’m going to overdose on sugar again in the near future.  Or at least I hope I don’t.

Backing up a bit…

Bobby and I headed into the city (San Francisco) in the early afternoon and ate lunch at our favorite Japanese deli – Delica RF-1 in the Ferry Building.  We got very similar meals.  I got:

1 delica lunch maggie 224x300 Holidays, parties, desserts OH MY!

• hijiki&soybean salad – description from site - Hijiki (seaweed rich in calcium, iron, and fiber) mixed with dried soybeans, edamame, konnyaku (mountain potato), daikon, wild mizuna, fried tofu, and kuko (wolfberry).
  • burdock and lotus root salad - A spicy mix of braised burdock and konnyaku (mountain potato) tossed with thin slices of white onion, celery, julienne carrots, and wild mizuna.
  • wasabi garlic potato salad (so good – I’m scared of potatoes and don’t usually order them but this was delicious, and not too too heavy) - Garlic potato salad with wasabi mayonnaise, edamame, snap peas, and romaine hearts.

Bobby got:

2 delica lunch bobby 224x300 Holidays, parties, desserts OH MY!

• wasabi garlic potato salad
  • burdock and lotus root salad
  • sweet&spicy chicken - Marinated chicken, lightly fried, served with sweet & spicy sauce.

Later on Bobby got a bread bowl of tomato soup (vegetarian) and I had some of that as well.  We got the bowl on the side so we could dip it instead.  I also got this great diet black cherry soda (sweetened with Splenda; this is the first diet soda for me in almost 3 weeks!).

4 tomato bread bowl 300x224 Holidays, parties, desserts OH MY!3 diet black cherry soda 224x300 Holidays, parties, desserts OH MY!

This morning I woke up feeling better after the massive desserts and headed down to the gym for an hour of walking on the treadmill.  It was nice.  I actually enjoy walking on a treadmill (but can’t stand running on one – too boring) and I watched this documentary about a con artist who called himself Christopher Rockefeller.  He’s French.  I think con artists are usually brilliant, even though they are insane.

Before heading back to Mountain View (by train) we picked up breakfast.  I got the perfect oatmeal from Starbucks.  It was good!  I added a bunch of spices (nutmeg, chocolate, and vanilla) and enjoyed it a lot.  I didn’t add the brown sugar that’s pictured.  I also added some tea (Berryblossom White, my favorite flavour at Starbucks) to the oatmeal to make it creamier because I forgot to add milk while I was still in the shop!

9 oatmeal starbucks 300x224 Holidays, parties, desserts OH MY!

Once back in Mountain View, we stopped at the farmers’ market (it’s held in the train station parking lot) and I got some loose green grapes for $1/pound.  I took them home and made lunch – raspberry lowfat yogurt (a little more than a cup), a cup of grapes, and a thick HEEL slice (the best) of cinnamon sugar toast!  I saw this on Hil’s blog the other day and I’ve been craving it ever since.

10 cinnamon toast yogurt grapes 300x224 Holidays, parties, desserts OH MY!

I’m hoping to do some yoga and maybe some more walking later today.  And tonight we have plans to get Vietnamese food.  I’m excited!  Oh, and there were apples today and yesterday, but you guys can just assume that I’m always having apples because I eat them so often that I forget to take pics or even mention them icon smile Holidays, parties, desserts OH MY!  Have a lovely Sunday!

22 Comments on Holidays, parties, desserts OH MY!

1. Megan
    14 December, 2008 at 3:07 pm (5 years ago)

I want every single thing you posted in my tummy!! I love that Starbucks oatmeal; finally something there that isn’t an entire day’s worth of calories!

& looove your dress :)

2. Andrea
    14 December, 2008 at 3:21 pm (5 years ago)

pretty dress!!!! the parties sound like lots of fun. i love the starbs oatmeal and diet black cherry soda sounds sooo good too

3. Melissa S.
    14 December, 2008 at 3:23 pm (5 years ago)

wow, that box of japanese eats makes me want to drool! thank goodness i’m going out for sushi tonight! hehe!

love the outfit! have a great sunday!

4. K
    14 December, 2008 at 3:33 pm (5 years ago)

Cute dress! Where’s it from?

All the party eats sound delish!! Glad to hear you had a great time :)

14 December, 2008 at 3:59 pm (5 years ago)

STUNNING outfit and OUTRAGEOUSLY delish food.

6. Sharon
    14 December, 2008 at 4:04 pm (5 years ago)

Two parties? Nice! And you look amazing, love your outfit.
    And wow, the party for Bobby’s office sounds like they had delicious food!!!

14 December, 2008 at 4:21 pm (5 years ago)

Great dress for the holiday parties, and that cinnamon sugar toast looks sooo good. Makes me want to have breakfast for dinner tonight :)

14 December, 2008 at 4:26 pm (5 years ago)

you look so pretty in that dress :D
    great food you had!
    Enjoy your vietnamese food tonight!

9. carolinebee
    14 December, 2008 at 4:33 pm (5 years ago)

you look gorgeous and so holiday-festive! What a fun party- I agree about the treadmill walking, AND i’ve totally seen that documentary while walking on the treadmill! What a crazy story, he had everyone fooled.

10. Tina
    14 December, 2008 at 4:40 pm (5 years ago)

Love the outfit!!! :)

11. Michelle
    14 December, 2008 at 4:42 pm (5 years ago)

Cute outfit! What a fun night out!

12. Biz
    14 December, 2008 at 7:06 pm (5 years ago)

You look great!

13. HangryPants
    14 December, 2008 at 8:02 pm (5 years ago)

Cute dress! Sounds like you had fun and all the splurges were worth it!

14. eatingbender
    14 December, 2008 at 10:36 pm (5 years ago)

I am so loving that outfit! You look gorgeous, Maggie!

Sounds like a lot of fun this weekend :) The food sounds fantastic…and I haven’t had cinnamon toast in FOREVER but I used to have it every morning when I was little! I need to bring it back!

15. Brittany
    15 December, 2008 at 6:37 am (5 years ago)

I love your dress.. it looks really good on you!! I hope you all had a ton of fun at both parties. Our holiday parties are on the same night as well… this Friday so we will be doing the same thing.

16. Meghann
    15 December, 2008 at 7:28 am (5 years ago)

Great Christmas Party Dress!

We don’t get to have a christmas party at my office this year. :( Instead we’re having a company sponosered lunch… yippeee (Sarcasm)

17. Erin
    15 December, 2008 at 10:51 am (5 years ago)

You look INCREDIBLE! That is a beautiful dress. What a crazy sugar reaction! I’ve had that happen too. It’s not pretty! But it’s hard to turn down dessert and you’re right, you eat so well it’s probably good to indulge like that every now and then. ;)

18. Sagan
    15 December, 2008 at 11:46 am (5 years ago)

You look fantastic! Especially adore the scarf (I’m addicted to those things:)).

Sounds like a fun time and if its worth it then you gotta go for it.

19. Peggy (Mom)
    17 March, 2009 at 3:12 pm (5 years ago)

How did I miss this one? GREAT OUTFIT! Love the scarf with the dress…adds a nice touch

20. Hertha Jorge
    23 August, 2011 at 3:38 pm (3 years ago)

I have learn several just right stuff here. Definitely price bookmarking for revisiting. I wonder how much effort you set to make this type of fantastic informative web site.

2Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Holidays, parties, desserts OH MY!

Warning: call_user_func(comment_style) [function.call-user-func]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback in /home4/ke4mtg/public_html/thesaladgirl/wordpress/wp-includes/comment-template.php on line 1619