Zumba!

I made an Amazon store!  Check out the link on my sidebar to see my favorites.

I also got a 7-day pass for my local gym (24-hour Fitness) to see if I want to join.  My company has a great deal ($15/month) but I wanted to make sure that I would use it.

Yesterday morning I finally tried… Zumba!  It was awesome.  As a former dancer, I miss dancing and I love taking dancey exercise classes.  The instructor was so energetic and she could move.  After Zumba I did pilates (same instructor as Zumba) and I am so sore today.  Based on these two classes it’s worth it for me to join even if I only go every Saturday.

Last night we went out to dinner with Bobby’s cousins.  We went to our favorite Vietnamese place and I tried something new!  I got Vegetarian Pho – noodle soup.  Yes, noodles!  It had fried tofu, lots of veggies, and oodles of noodles.  Pho (the soup) always comes with fresh sprouts, basil, and lime that you add in right at the table.  I also dipped the noodles in a mix of hoisin sauce and chili sauce as I was eating them.  I adore Vietnamese food, and I’m so glad that I was able to enjoy something new!  I ate almost everything but the last few bites of noodles that Bobby gladly downed.

1 veggie pho 300x224 Zumba!

After a few hours Bobby and I wanted to get dessert so we went to a place we haven’t been to in a while – Gelayo Gusto!  We got a shaved ice. Start with crushed ice doused in lots of condensed milk, add sweet red bean paste (it’s an Asian thing and it’s delicious – try it if you ever get a chance), various fruits, and top it all off with frozen yogurt (this was a twist of mango and plain).  Heaven in a bowl!  It’s really big, but it’s actually very light.  I never feel sick after eating one of these.

2 shaved ice 300x224 Zumba!

My plans for the day include yoga at some point, maybe a walk, maybe some shopping with Bobby, and general Sunday chilling out.  What about you?

9 Comments on Zumba!

21 December, 2008 at 1:53 pm (6 years ago)

I LOVE ZUMBA!!

Heavenly dessert, indeed!!

**My plans = yoga (done), personal-training (done), baking (done)…. since everything is done, I need to find more to do I guess, haha!! :-D

21 December, 2008 at 2:31 pm (6 years ago)

I have to try zumba too! I’ve heard so many good things about it!

My plan for today, well not plan anymore, it’s almost 5pm now. I went for a good sweaty run this morning, some last errands and packing. And now, I’m going to do laundry and plan to head into bed by 9pm since my flight will be at 6am, so I need to get up at 3am.

HOpe you enjoy the rest of sunday :D

3. carolinebee
    21 December, 2008 at 3:28 pm (6 years ago)

howw fun! I go to 24 and LOVE it..they have really good classes (mine doesnt have zumba though :( ) and i just added onto my mom’s membership for like, $10 a month- go for it!!

4. Melissa S.
    21 December, 2008 at 4:51 pm (6 years ago)

yummy yummy yummy dessert!!!!

5. gina (fitnessista)
    21 December, 2008 at 9:41 pm (6 years ago)

hooray for zumba! it’s my favorite :D

6. Erin
    22 December, 2008 at 6:17 am (6 years ago)

Oh girl! $15 A MONTH?!?!?!?!?!?! That is unreal! I LOVE 24 hr! That’s my old gym; we don’t have one here so I use the Rec center at school which is also bomb, but 24 hour is amazing. I LOVE it. Those classes sound awesome! Yay!

7. BeeBeeRab
    22 December, 2008 at 2:43 pm (6 years ago)

I LOOOOVE Zumba!! It’s such a fun cardio workout. The right teacher makes a huge difference. Check out my instructor Stacy http://zumba4life.com/ So glad you enjoyed your workout! This is such a lifesaver for me because the hubby doesn’t really dance, and this lets me dance and get a workout at the same time. =)

8. Dori
    24 December, 2008 at 8:31 am (6 years ago)

15 a month is SO cheap!! You should DEFINITELY do it, no question! You will be shocked to know how much I pay for my gym — but the reason I do it is because it is literally NEXT DOOR to my apartment, so I can go at any time, and it is really easy for me to go early in the morning before work — I pay $167 a month and that INCLUDES my corporate discount! I know, insane, but worth it. 15 a month sounds like heaven, especially with those wonderful classes – I love Zumba!

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Zumba!