Almost there!

We are so close to Christmas!  I cannot wait to go visit my family in New Jersey (Princeton area) and hang out in NYC.  I miss the city a lot.

I’ve been experimenting with big meals recently.  I had a delicious lunch the past 2 days, and I’m considering repeating it again tomorrow.  This sandwich consists of:

1 pb and pb sammie 300x224 Almost there!

• 2 slices of thick, hearty Trader Joe’s whole wheat bread (not diet, and not low calorie!  this stuff is great)
  • 1.5 tablespoons peanut butter
  • 1.5 tablespoons pumpkin pecan butter (from Williams sonoma)
  • 1/2 of a huge banana, thickly sliced

I proceeded to dip this in yogurt (peach today, blueberry yesterday) for a nicely balanced meal.  It actually kept me full for several hours, which is unusual.  I’m usually a big snacker, but with my recent carb obsession (thanks to Bobby), I’ve been feeling more satisfied.  I should probably call it a starch obsession – I’ve always been a carboholic, but more in the fruit sense rather than the bread and noodles sense.

I had a lovely dinner at a Japanese restaurant last night.  I got Sukiyaki, which is a big pot of noodle soup.  It had clear noodles, lots of veggies, and some tofu.  The broth is very very sweet (and last night’s was actually a bit too sweet for my liking) and gives the veggies, noodles, and tofu a wonderful flavour.  It came with rice, which I gave to Bobby, but I finished all of the noodles.  I also got a side salad and had some edamame.  I eat the shells – does anyone else do this?

2 edamame 300x224 Almost there!3 salad 300x224 Almost there!4 sukiyaki 300x224 Almost there!

On the gym front – I think I am going to join 24-hour fitness.  I took a kickboxing class last night that totally kicked my butt.  It was a turbo kickboxing class which I think makes it harder.  The only problem is that several hours later I was starving and had to inhale several pieces of that delicious (non-diet!) whole wheat bread with lots of smart balance and pumpkin pecan butter.

Today I took it easy with lots of yoga (Buns and Thighs this morning, then Detox and Power Vinyasa Flow #3 tonight).  Buns and Thighs comes from Exercise TV (On Demand with Comcast) and the other two are from YogaDownload.com.  If you haven’t checked out the site do so!  And always feel free to email me or comment asking for advice or recommendations.  My email is on the sidebar now.

Have a great night and Merry Christmas Eve!  What are your plans?

22 Comments on Almost there!

23 December, 2008 at 10:42 pm (6 years ago)

Your Japanese dinner looks delicious! I keep reading about YogaDownload.com. I need to try that soon as my goal for 2009 is more yoga!

2. Madison Song
    23 December, 2008 at 10:57 pm (6 years ago)

i love sukiyaki. i used to waitress at a japanese restaurant and they always served us workers that after work hours.
    i’ve never eaten the shells of the edamame! hm, maybe i will try next time =)
    i think we’re having a potluck for christmas eve…have a good one!!!!!

3. Caroline
    23 December, 2008 at 11:07 pm (6 years ago)

Oh my goodness! That sandwich looks like heaven on a plate!!

4. eatingbender
    24 December, 2008 at 12:12 am (6 years ago)

That sandwich sounds great! I am a big bread carboholic and definitely agree that bigger meals that involve complex carbs keep me fuller longer.

I eat edamame with the shells, too! Although I think I read once that you’re not supposed to do that – but whatever, I think it tastes better :)

I hope you have a GREAT Christmas, Maggie! I’m spending mine doing nothing but nothing with my family – and eating good food!

5. Sharon
    24 December, 2008 at 12:50 am (6 years ago)

Just spending time with family for me! Enjoy your holidays!!!!!!

6. K
    24 December, 2008 at 4:53 am (6 years ago)

I’ve never had shelled edamame – gasp, I know!! My plans for the holiday: just spending time with the family. Enjoy your holiday girlie!!

7. HangryPants
    24 December, 2008 at 5:57 am (6 years ago)

I usually need some kind if bready carb to feel satisfied.

Have you ever tried yoga for the people? I was just reading about it on another blog.

8. Megan
    24 December, 2008 at 6:05 am (6 years ago)

yay for the gym successes! it is SO worth it in my opinion, I work so much harder when someone else is there kicking my butt.

i am so jealous of your pumpkin butter! I was ordering things for christmas on the williams sonoma website and they didnt have any, so I had to settle with the maple pecan spread (not that I’m complaining about THAT).

Merry Christmas Eve!

9. caitlin
    24 December, 2008 at 6:17 am (6 years ago)

oo kickboxing is fun! future husband and myself are going to go to the gym before we leave for the inlaws’ xmas celebration.

10. Bridget
    24 December, 2008 at 6:29 am (6 years ago)

Your sandwich looks fabulous! I’ve never tried the edamame shells!! I do like the salt on them though :) I really must try these yoga downloads, I feel like I keep hearing more and more about them! I’m def. a yoga novice though so I’d like to go to a class first.

24 December, 2008 at 6:33 am (6 years ago)

Everything looks delicious!
    Happy Christmas!

24 December, 2008 at 6:42 am (6 years ago)

Looooooove your sandwich; and HELL YES for yoga!! :-D

**Christmas Eve plans = celebration dinner at my home with “the whole gang” (my family).

13. kailey
    24 December, 2008 at 7:06 am (6 years ago)

oh man i love trader joe’s bread!!
    yay no more crappy diet bread =]

14. Erin
    24 December, 2008 at 7:14 am (6 years ago)

No plans yet! Yay carbs! Merry Christmas Eve sweetie pie!

15. Jenn
    24 December, 2008 at 8:10 am (6 years ago)

i am likin’ the looks of the sandwich miss! pumpkin pecan butter?!?! that sounds great – unfortunately for me i am william sonoma-less :( urgh!

enjoy yoga-ing love :)!

16. Sagan
    24 December, 2008 at 10:10 am (6 years ago)

Happy Christmas Eve!

I like sandwiches with peanut butter, banana, and honey. Mmm. And am SO with you on the passionforcarbs.

I didn’t know the edamame shells were edible. Will have to try them sometime hehe.

17. Erica
    24 December, 2008 at 11:08 am (6 years ago)

Both the sandwich and the japanese dinner look delicious!

Merry Christmas Eve!

18. Danielle
    24 December, 2008 at 12:21 pm (6 years ago)

That sandwich sounds great! Yummmm :)

19. Meghann
    24 December, 2008 at 12:35 pm (6 years ago)

Have a Merry Christmas with the Family!! :)

20. Biz
    24 December, 2008 at 10:18 pm (6 years ago)

Merry Christmas!

21. Michelle
    29 December, 2008 at 6:55 am (6 years ago)

That sandwich looks wonderful! Hope you had a great holiday!