Some yummy meals

On New Years’ Eve Bobby and I took my sister (Julia, age 15, vegan-ish) out to dinner at our favorite restaurant back in Pennington, NJ.  The restaurant is called Edo Sushi.  They have a mix of Japanese and Chinese food and serve the best sushi I’ve ever had outside of Ithaca, NY.  (I’ve never found a better Japanese restaurant than Plum Tree in Collegetown.)

When we go to Edo Sushi for lunch, Bobby loves to get the Salmon Don (just sashimi over rice with some sliced cucumbers and lemon).  I always opt for the Buddhist Delight, which is just mixed veggies and tofu with sauce. The lunch special comes with free soup (we get miso) and rice.

But for dinner we branched out a little.  Bobby started with this egg roll, and also got General Tso’s chicken (it was the best he’s ever had).

1 egg roll edo sushi 300x224 Some yummy meals

Julia and I split two veggie dishes.  We got the Broccoli in a Garlic Sauce and Mixed Vegetables & Tofu.  We got them both steamed with the sauces on the side.  I actually ended up dipping a lot of my veggies in Bobby’s General Tso’s sauce – it was so good.  The garlic sauce came with a pretty chili pepper just swimming around.

2 edo sushi mixed veg 300x224 Some yummy meals3 edo sushi broccoli 300x224 Some yummy meals4 edo sushi garlic sauce 300x224 Some yummy meals

After dinner they end the meal by bringing out a complimentary plate of diced pineapple and fortune cookies, both of which I forgot to take a picture of.

I love Asian restaurants because they always have amazing vegetarian and vegan options.  Even when I’m not vegetarian, I usually opt for non-meat options in restaurants just because those meals sound the best to me.  I think Vietnamese restaurants tend to be my favorite, but I also enjoy Korean, Japanese, and Thai.

I also wanted to share my lovely breakfast from today.  I enjoyed this after two 20-minute YogaDownload sessions (Power Vinyasa Flow #3 and Core Yoga #1).  Core Yoga is great and very challenging.

1 fruit yogurt fiber almond butter 300x224 Some yummy meals

• 1 large gala apple, diced
  • 1 orange, diced
  • 1 raspberry yogurt (6 oz)
  • 1/2 cup TJ’s high fiber cereal
  • ~1 tablespoon almond butter

It was delicious and very filling.  Getting a smear of almond butter in every bite was the best part.

Have a lovely Saturday!  I’m hoping an Ikea frozen yogurt ($1!!) is in my future…  I got a craving after I saw Heather’s yesterday.

What is your favorite yogurt/soy yogurt/frozen yogurt flavor?  And what do you like to eat it with?

My favorite froyo flavor is tart, topped with berries and mango.  My favorite yogurt flavor is Dannon’s fruit on the bottom apples & cinnamon (a throwback to my childhood).

12 Comments on Some yummy meals

1. Sharon
    3 January, 2009 at 3:44 pm (5 years ago)

I add cereal to my delicious frozen yogurt. Hahah!
    What a delicious time you had!

2. carolinebee
    3 January, 2009 at 3:54 pm (5 years ago)

YUM! Good to hear from you, i’m glad your trip home was fun! I loove frozen yogurt- I don’t know if you have goldenspoon in Norcal but that is my fave :D Anything will do though, I always get it topped with rainbow sprinks!

3. gary
    3 January, 2009 at 4:03 pm (5 years ago)

Plum Tree? I did not know that :)

3 January, 2009 at 4:40 pm (5 years ago)

YES, YES, YES!!! :-D

Glad you had fun!!

5. K
    3 January, 2009 at 6:26 pm (5 years ago)

YUMOLA! Now I’m craving Chinese food – looks divine!

I’m boring, and we don’t have “real” froyo around here, so I usually get vanilla without mix ins.

6. Betherann
    3 January, 2009 at 10:22 pm (5 years ago)

I really love fruit on top of my frozen yogurt — mango, kiwi, and strawberries are some of my favorites. And if I’m in the mood for something sweeter, chocolate chips are great, especially those chips that are coated in little rainbow jimmies for some extra crunch. Yum!

3 January, 2009 at 10:57 pm (5 years ago)

Your brekkie looks delish. I love TJ’s High Fiber Twigs! Glad you had a good dinner with your sister. I always forget to ask for my sauce on the side…gotta remember to that from now on in Asian restaurants.

I love tart flavored frozen yogurt with any kind of berry topping, and I’ve been known to bring cinnamon Puffins from home for a little added crunch. :)
    As far as regular yogurt goes, I love plain Greek yogurt. Love love love it – eat it everyday.

8. Madison Song
    3 January, 2009 at 11:37 pm (5 years ago)

i’ve never tried an ikea yogurt~ my fav is mcdonald’s frozen yogurt though!

9. eatingbender
    3 January, 2009 at 11:54 pm (5 years ago)

Yum! That restaurant sounds fantastic :) I hope you got that Ikea yogurt! My favorite yogurt used to be from TCBY – the white chocolate mousse twisted with strawberry! Delish. I guess now I’d probably prefer the plain fro yo topped with fruit…or my all-time favorite, rainbow sprinkles!

10. HangryPants
    4 January, 2009 at 2:15 pm (5 years ago)

Hope you got that fro yo! I pretty much love all flavors.

2Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Some yummy meals

Warning: call_user_func(comment_style) [function.call-user-func]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback in /home4/ke4mtg/public_html/thesaladgirl/wordpress/wp-includes/comment-template.php on line 1619