Power Yoga Sequence | Power Yoga Routine (Sadie Nardini)

This is a refreshing power yoga sequence that you can do anywhere as long as you have an internet connection. Adding a power yoga routine to your weight loss or overall fitness plan can be extremely beneficial for both your mind and your body. Yoga boosts your metabolism and helps you crave whole foods – at least it does for me.

I found this video (in 4 parts) on YouTube.  The instructor’s name is Sadie Nardini.  She lives in Brooklyn and here is her website.  Here’s the YouTube link (Part 1), and I also embedded the video below.  She titles the series “Weight Loss Yoga”.  I think that most people get into power yoga for the weight loss benefits, but then stick with it because of how it feels (freakin amazing).

Part 2
Part 3
Part 4

It was a great power yoga sequence – short, but invigorating.  Her voice is very nice to listen to, and she’s easy to follow.  This type of yoga is called Vinyasa.  It’s flow yoga.  You flow through “vinyasas”, which are like little dances (for example: start in plank pose, then lowering down, then up-dog, then down-dog). You hold the strength poses briefly to build long, lean muscle. This is the metabolism booster

Sadie likes to use “fists of fire“, which reminds me of the pilates term “breath of fire”.  ”Fists of fire” are just extending your arms, then pulling in with fists, and repeating.  It keeps the heart rate up and makes it easier to hold the poses, in my opinion. Fists of fire give this power yoga routine an element of cardio (hence the name weight loss yoga).

The full sequence is about 36 minutes long, and it flew by when I did it.  I hope you enjoy!

31 Comments on Power Yoga Sequence | Power Yoga Routine (Sadie Nardini)

1. Sharon
    7 January, 2009 at 11:18 pm (5 years ago)

Wow, thanks for sharing!

2. Charlie
    8 January, 2009 at 6:41 am (5 years ago)

Hey Maggie,

Thanks for this recommendation. I just did this routine this morning. It was the toughest one I have done so far (possibly because I was little sore from the NZ one last night). In some of her YouTube comments, Sadie asserts that doing this 3-4 times a week will turn anybody into a fitness monster, and I believe it.

Did you do the handstand?

Also, your blog is incredible. I sent it to my Mom who is a vegetarian, and she responded, “This is making me hungry! I’m going to the supermarket right now for ingredients!”

8 January, 2009 at 7:09 am (5 years ago)

YES, YES, YES!! Love this.

4. K
    8 January, 2009 at 7:41 am (5 years ago)

Thanks for the vids!!

5. Erin
    8 January, 2009 at 6:29 pm (5 years ago)

Thank you so much for sharing this Maggie!

6. larissa
    8 January, 2009 at 7:05 pm (5 years ago)

thanks it looks great!

7. Biz
    8 January, 2009 at 7:30 pm (5 years ago)

OMG, I just did yoga for the first time yesterday! I immediately thought of you.

IT’S HARD! My calf muscles are so sore today – but I will definitely do it again! Had no idea it could be such a great workout!

8. Sagan
    8 January, 2009 at 8:39 pm (5 years ago)

Thanks for this!

Excellent point about doing yoga for how it feels. Really, that’s what all forms of exercise should be about. The weight loss is a side effect of having fun with an activity that we really enjoy.

9. Annie
    9 January, 2009 at 1:03 am (5 years ago)

yeah full fat cheese is awesome. i gotta try yoga sometimes but its so intimidating!

10. Amy
    9 January, 2009 at 8:52 pm (5 years ago)

Thanks for the yoga links! I love trying new videos. Ill be sure to check this one out once Im back at school :)

11. Meghann
    9 January, 2009 at 8:59 pm (5 years ago)

Thanks for the yoga video! :)

12. Biz
    10 January, 2009 at 11:32 am (5 years ago)

Thanks Maggie! I am really liking yoga!

13. Robin
    12 January, 2009 at 3:03 am (5 years ago)

Thanks for the video!

14. polly
    12 January, 2009 at 10:00 am (5 years ago)

Yay YOGA!! Hugs to you, Maggie girl. Is that boyfriend still eating his veggies? ;)

4 June, 2009 at 12:05 pm (5 years ago)

Just did this whole series. Thanks for the link Maggie – I loved this!

P.S. Just steamed a really crappy kabocha squash. It was so hard and not sweet at all. :( I should have known by the color on the outside – it was really pale green instead of dark green like the others I have bought in the past. Bummer.

16. eatmovelove
    12 December, 2009 at 5:35 am (4 years ago)

Hey, Just found this link on HEAB. Great review. Love your site. Will definitely keep up on it! Any advice for me is much appreciated…chow girl :)

17. Luv2CUSmile
    12 December, 2009 at 10:45 am (4 years ago)

Thx for sharing this- HEAB directed me and I think I will get some great tips here!

18. Kember
    3 February, 2010 at 11:25 am (4 years ago)

it is easy to learn Yoga although it seems difficult at first try. I practice Yoga mainly for relaxation and for improving my blood circulation.

19. Molly
    9 November, 2010 at 1:37 pm (3 years ago)

I like yoga because it increases my strength and flexibility at the same time! I haven’t found any other types of exercise that do that very well. I like to do it by myself though because sometimes I get stuck or fall over and it’s embarrassing.

-Molly

20. Regan Brigmond
    16 December, 2010 at 3:47 am (3 years ago)

Thank you for your article. But please consider an article about “quickest way to lose weight”. It’s an article that must be writen, so hopefully I’ll read something about it here in your blog.

21. Weight Loss
    9 February, 2011 at 9:32 pm (3 years ago)

I went over this website and I believe you have a lot of superb info , saved to fav (:.

22. Mariah
    9 March, 2013 at 8:51 am (1 year ago)

J’ai hâte d’essayer cette routine! Je suis une habituée du Power yoga j’ai un excellent coach mais je n’ai plus les moyen d’assister à ces séances! Bon matin à toutes!

23. get muscle fast
    5 August, 2013 at 5:29 am (9 months ago)

When I initially commented I clicked the “Notify me when new comments are added” checkbox and now each time a comment is added I get three e-mails with
    the same comment. Is there any way you can remove me from that service?
    Thanks!

6Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Power Yoga Sequence | Power Yoga Routine (Sadie Nardini)

Warning: call_user_func(comment_style) [function.call-user-func]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback in /home4/ke4mtg/public_html/thesaladgirl/wordpress/wp-includes/comment-template.php on line 1619