I was craving something frozen, but didn’t want to give in to ice cream (though I did recently buy some lovely soy vanilla ice cream from Trader Joe’s – I haven’t tried it yet). I had 2 bananas that were about to go bad, so I improvised. I used Bobby as my taste tester (he usually doesn’t like banana flavor), and he loved these!
They are so simple, and so sweet. There is NO added sugar (I used unsweetened almond milk) and they are absolutely delicious.
Chocolate Banana Popsicles
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup chocolate almond milk (or other milk – any flavor, non-dairy or not – it will work with any kind)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- cups (I used 3) or an ice cube tray for mini-popsicles
- popsicle sticks (I used wooden chopsticks from Vietnamese takeout, broken in half)
- Mash the bananas. Add everything to a blender/food-processor and blend until smooth. If you like banana chunks, you could just mix well by hand.
- Pour the mixture into cups or an ice cube tray; insert popsicle sticks.
- Freeze for 2-3 hours, or until frozen. EAT!
- Tip: to get them out of the cups, immerse the cup in a bowl of hot water (just be careful not to let any water spill into the cup!). Then they should pop out quite easily.
Enjoy! I actually let mine get a little mushy and then ate it with a chopped fuyu persimmon – heaven in a bowl.