I love having more time to blog!
Another Rice Diet Cookbook inspiration. I used the book to help build my menu plan this week, and it was incredibly helpful. There are so many interesting and simple recipes that are easy to modify to your own tastes. They also have 3 weeks of their own menu plans (breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert). Check it out! Hint: If you do a google book search you can see most of the book, and it’s searchable.
Pasta Salad with Veggies
- 3 cups uncooked whole wheat rotini (or other whole wheat pasta)
- 4 cups water
- 1 vegetarian broth cube
- 2-3 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 scallions
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced and chopped
- 1/2 can of chickpeas
- 1 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 1/2 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- freshly ground pepper
- Boil the water and add the broth cube; cook the pasta until al dente (or as you like it).
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan or wok (I used a wok). Add the garlic, scallions, and red onion. Saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, plus the cooked pasta. Mix well and serve – warm or chilled.
The dish was delicious and I managed to eat just enough to feel full, but not stuffed. It was a very pleasant meal. If you’re looking for a less intimidating way to eat pasta, try this! I promise it’s good 🙂 Carby carbs can definitely make for an enjoyable experience.