So many things

This may come as a surprise.  I went in to work today, and I resigned.  My boss looked at my and said, “Maggie, I’m so happy that you just did that, we are doing layoffs today and you were on the list.”  I saw it coming (our VP quit on Monday, and the recent economy has taken a serious toll on our revenue), which is why I decided not to wait any longer.

One plus side of me not having a job is that I can photograph my eats and tell you guys about them! This morning I did something terrible – I skipped breakfast for the first time since I can’t even remember.  I thought I would be in and out of work, so I decided not to pack anything, but because of the massive layoffs at my company, my paperwork got backlogged and took forever.  I managed to get a hot tea with a lot of 2% milk dumped in it around 11:30, and then I came home around 12:30 to make myself a nice lunch.

1 bnut fries 300x224 So many things

• a buttload of butternut squash fries with organic ketchup (these were just okay; I used some new spices and I think I prefer them plain)
  • a YoBaby Apple yogurt (4 oz. of flavored whole milk yogurt with nice apply cinnamon goo on the bottom – very yum)

I was still super hungry after this, so I made myself a nice lunch dessert with a humongous orange, a couple tablespoons of shredded coconut, and a few teaspoons of honey.

2 orange dessert 300x224 So many things

Delicious icon smile So many things  My plans for the rest of the day – go to the thrift store for Bobby (he needs ski pants), walk, more yoga (I did about 15 minutes this morning to chill out, but that’s it), and job hunting.  Happy Thursday!

18 Comments on So many things

1. Andrea of Care to Eat
    22 January, 2009 at 3:04 pm (5 years ago)

Wow – what a day! Glad to see you’re keeping a positive attitude! A LOT of my friends are out of work, so hang in there if things get tough!

22 January, 2009 at 3:27 pm (5 years ago)

Big news – congrats on your resignation. You get to start a new adventure! Here’s to lots of yoga in the next few weeks. :)

Yay for libertarians! My husband is obsessed with anything Milton Friedman, and I just recently removed the Ron Paul sticker from my car. Loved Dr. Paul!

3. Jenny
    22 January, 2009 at 3:38 pm (5 years ago)

Glad you did what you needed to do today–good luck on your job hunt over the next week! Yay for more blog time though :)

4. Melissa
    22 January, 2009 at 3:43 pm (5 years ago)

Good luck for the new job search. Hopefully you can find the perfect fit!! :D

5. Erin
    22 January, 2009 at 4:35 pm (5 years ago)

DAYUM kind of a huge change! I love it though, way to do the best thing for you in your life right now!
    I’ll be happy to see your eats again, provided that it’s beneficial for my girl Maggie. :)

6. K
    22 January, 2009 at 4:37 pm (5 years ago)

Wow – what a big transition! Good for you for doing what you felt was needed for your best interest. I wish you nothing but the best my dear!!

Apply cinnamon goo – I like the sounds of that :)

7. Sarah (lovINmytummy)
    22 January, 2009 at 4:44 pm (5 years ago)

Wow, I gasped when I read this! Good for you, though, and I love that you weren’t waiting to get laid off so you could get unemployment! I hope you find something wonderful to do instead (even if its just yoga and blogging for a bit)!

22 January, 2009 at 4:54 pm (5 years ago)

sorry to hear the you’ve been hit by the terrible economic situation, but so glad that you’re still positive about future. I hope you could find your ideal job soon!

9. Michelle
    22 January, 2009 at 4:59 pm (5 years ago)

Wow, you’re so brave. Good for you! You’ve got to do what you enjoy!

10. Brittany
    22 January, 2009 at 7:54 pm (5 years ago)

Wishing you lots of luck in your job search! It’s definitely nice that you were able to resign before being laid off, as having been laid off and not expecting it- at least you were semi aware and are keeping a positive attitude. Have fun with a little time off and enjoy doing the things you love!

11. Sharon
    22 January, 2009 at 8:18 pm (5 years ago)

Hope all goes well. I think you have such a great positive outlook!

12. HangryPants
    22 January, 2009 at 8:31 pm (5 years ago)

Wow that is big news! Congratulations to you. I am really excited for your new yoga teacher journey.

13. Hil
    22 January, 2009 at 8:44 pm (5 years ago)

Wow, you had an eventful day. I’m glad that you have some peace with the situation, and I wish you the best of luck with finding a new job that will help you achieve the balance you want.

14. Missy (Missy Maintains)
    22 January, 2009 at 8:47 pm (5 years ago)

Good luck with your job search! I know how hard it is right now but it will be great for you to have some time off to relax!

15. Melissa S.
    23 January, 2009 at 6:05 am (5 years ago)

i’m sorry about the job but i’m sure you’ll find something soon! and if that means more blogging, yoga and things you enjoy that’s great to hear!!!

16. Sagan
    23 January, 2009 at 12:18 pm (5 years ago)

Goodness that’s quite the step- have fun looking for a new job, it’ll be fun to start fresh!

2Pingbacks & Trackbacks on So many things